You might be Canadian if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You own one of these.
08.gif

46130693_2278798012305659_3122434790330990592_n.jpg

I'm American and have something almost exactly like that. What am I missing???

Originally Posted by JHZR2
I'm American and have something almost exactly like that. What am I missing???

American here, but unless i'm mistaken, that's the jug you put your milk bag in.

Canada - Where Milk comes in Bags.

Yes it's for milk bags. Although now it is possible to get it in jugs in some places and always have been able to get it in the two size cartons. Most still buy it in the 3x 1L bags.

If I had one I'd say its a water pitcher that actually fits in the fridge door... GENIUS. but it might tip over (lol)

Originally Posted by StevieC
Yes it's for milk bags. Although now it is possible to get it in jugs in some places and always have been able to get it in the two size cartons. Most still buy it in the 3x 1L bags.

It's actually 3 bags totalling 4L.

Originally Posted by carviewsonic
I have never seen milk in bags out here
21.gif
... but I like the idea. The jugs are a nuisance to recycle.

We had them in Sask until the late 80's or early 90's

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Originally Posted by StevieC

It's actually 3 bags totalling 4L.

Yeah I guess I goofed on that one. I don't drink Dairy Milk anymore anyway. Can you tell? LOL

Last edited:
To be fair, I never saw one of these in Western Canada, it was not until I visited family in the East I saw one of these abominations.

What kind of psychopath decided to store milk in a baggie?

mcwilly said:
To be fair, I never saw one of these in Western Canada, it was not until I visited family in the East I saw one of these abominations.

Me either - but to be fair milk is never what I drink with Canadians ...

Originally Posted by 4WD
mcwilly said:

Me either - but to be fair milk is never what I drink with Canadians ...

Molson is like milk up there from what I understand......

I scored "correct" on the question.
I've seen 'em and used 'em in Canada.
I'm not going to lose sleep pondering milk packaging.

Now oil packaging-and most recently oil filter packaging with Champion's cylindrical tube pack-is another matter.

I remember bagged milk for a short while in the Detroit market in the early 70s. Our household had one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back