Amsoil oil filter made in china?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised these are made in china. I'm disappointed.

20181112_105239.jpg

20181112_105224.jpg

I love their products but I'd pass on a "premium" filter made in China. Especially when there are good options made in the USA (my first choice) Germany, Belgium, and Poland.

Amsoil products maybe high quality if over priced.
China products CAN BE made to top of the line quality
IF that is what the buyer demands.

My 2¢

It is a sign of the times, and probably a good filter. Me I'll stick with the Korean made Fram filters I have on hand.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Wow! Amsoil moving with GM to China now? Just use Fram Ultra and forget about it.

Not necessarily. I have seen Fram Ultra cartridge-type filters made in China and South Korea.

The Amsoil filter might be made at those same plants for all we know.

Originally Posted by stuntboy79
Surprised these are made in china. I'm disappointed.

Did you install it yet ?

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
The Bosch premium filter I got from Rockauto was also made in China. Disappointed but Installed it anyway.

It would be something if the Chinese solved the tearing issues!!!
wink.gif

Napa Gold - Wix cartridge filter is made in china. Heard Denso is making Toyota OEM filters in china, any truth to that?

Originally Posted by anndel
Napa Gold - Wix cartridge filter is made in china. Heard Denso is making Toyota OEM filters in china, any truth to that?

Yes, there are Chinese Toyota OEM Densos

For the Toyotas using cartridge filters, Mahle makes some good ones in Austria. For the spin-ons, just get Fram or Wix
smile.gif

My Fram Tough Guard cartridge says it was made in China. Pleat spacing is much less uneven than on the same-size US-made Ultra. The end caps look similar to that of the Amsoil shown in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back