US food Aussies find strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Shannow
Sorry, been travelling for a few days...Virgin Airlines are...well very unlike their name.

As Pablo said about Aussie bacon, "It's Canadian AND American" all in one...however, eating establishments are starting to move towards streaky bacon (bacon and egg McMuffin still has a big eye of bacon in it.

Cheese whiz...a friend was online courting a Marine probably about 17-18 years ago, and were sending "aid packages" back and forth (We did similarly with Gary Allan and his wife).

One of them contained a cheese whiz can, and was impounded pending processing.
Letter stated that she had 2 options
* Pay $90 to have it treated (irradiated).
* Pay $35 to have it destroyed

If no answer received in 28 days they would dispose...she took the third option. As I told her, either of the first was a Contract to pay. Their decision to dispose of it on failure of entering into Contract was not binding on her to pay...customs ultimately agreed.

That's funny because I'm not even sure Cheese-Wiz is actually food because it's so highly processed or at least the swill in the jars here is.
lol.gif

Indeed, when he looked at the ingredients list, he saw as you'll still see today- Cheez Whiz sold in the United States does not explicitly list cheese in the ingredients anymore. Rather, if you look, you'll see 27 other ingredients, including whey (a protein byproduct of milk, the liquid left after the milk has been curdled and strained), corn syrup, and milk protein concentrate (a cheaper alternative to higher-priced powdered milk). When Moss and Southworth approached a Kraft spokeswoman about this in 2013, she told them there was actually still cheese in the Whiz, though much less than there was before. When asked just how much real cheese was still included in the product, she declined to comment.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/01/cheese-cheez-whiz/

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
What are "grits?"

Grits are pretty boring alone but serves as a great vehicle for other stuff. I prefer butter and bacon. Actually, I prefer butter and bacon on [censored] near everything!

Found this on the internets:

10 commandments of grits

Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
Thou shalt not eat thy Grits with a spoon unless thy grits are swimming in butter.
Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits, for this is blasphemy.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Grits.
Thou shalt only use Salt, Butter, Bacon and Cheese as toppings for thy Grits, or thou shall mix thy Grits with thy eggs.
Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits.
Thou shalt not put sugar on thy Grits , either.

When I was a young buck, my mom would pack a Cheese-Wiz sandwich in my lunch bag. It was good and I ate it. But I don't think I've had it since I was like.... 10 or 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back