2016 Fiesta 1.0 9423mi OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 0W30 AFE
Motorcraft FL910S

PARTEH-181119-1.jpg

Looks real good, especially for the OCI miles! Some amount of fuel dilution, which seems to be "normal" with these EB engines and yet real good wear numbers. This encourages me to extend the OCI out past 7500 miles for our 2.3 EB Explorer. I use Mobil 1 5W-30 and it sheared much less than a run with Motorcraft with only 60% of the miles that the Mobil 1 OCI ran.

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Trav
Is this the engine with the oil bath timing belt? Pretty cool if it is, it doesn't seem to any sort of shearing effect.

Right you are!

They seem to be a good solid little engine. I drove one a couple of years ago (Euro version) with a 6 spd stick, it really is fun engine to drive, very willing to rev, I like it.

I like the Fiesta 1.0 but have been scared off buying one because of clutch pressure plate issues with the M/T in the Focus 1.0T....is the Fiesta 1.0 M/T clutch pressure plate trouble prone?

Originally Posted by pbm
I like the Fiesta 1.0 but have been scared off buying one because of clutch pressure plate issues with the M/T in the Focus 1.0T....is the Fiesta 1.0 M/T clutch pressure plate trouble prone?

none to my knowledge..the common issue with early models overseas was a coolant pipe prone to cracking, but that has long since been resolved

Great report! Strong ending TBN. 30 weight ended at a 20 weight... lots of fuel diluting going on.

Originally Posted by webfors
Great report! Strong ending TBN. 30 weight ended at a 20 weight... lots of fuel diluting going on.

I have always been at edge with the suspected fuel diluting...I suppose it was a good idea to step up to the 30?

Originally Posted by Pepsibottle1

I have always been at edge with the suspected fuel diluting...I suppose it was a good idea to step up to the 30?

I think it depends. A 0w30, (especially a fuel economy 0w30 that may by design allow for temporary shear), can contain more VII's and drop a grade where as a 0w20 that uses less VII's can be made to be a bit more stable.

What were the previous oils used?

What were the previous oils used? Buster is right, in that a 20 weight might shear less (% wise) but it starts lower. I would stick with a 30 weight if it was me. Compared to the AFE 0w20, the 30 weight has a higher TBN, higher flash, higher HTHS, 25% more starting viscosity and very close viscosity index.

I know a lot of BITOG'ers have gotten comfortable with sub 7cst oils... I'm not one of them.

What were the previous oils used? Buster is right, in that a 20 weight might shear less (% wise) but it starts lower. I would stick with a 30 weight if it was me. Compared to the AFE 0w20, the 30 weight has a higher TBN, higher flash, higher HTHS, 25% more starting viscosity and very close viscosity index.

I know a lot of BITOG'ers have gotten comfortable with sub 7cst oils... I'm not one of them.

Previous oils were a Eneos 5W20 (first report) and Mobil 1 5w20 (7/19/18 report)

Previous oils were a Eneos 5W20 (first report) and Mobil 1 5w20 (7/19/18 report)

You ran the 30 weight more than 2k miles longer, "wear metals" were better, and you had a stronger ending viscosity and TBN. I would stick with the 0w30 personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back