Toyota Pink + RMI-25 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know kschachn, as I am no way a mechanic but I received this car back in 2014 when my aunt passed away and it had less than 34,000 miles on it. I did a complete change of all the fluids including a radiator flush plus replaced the thermostat with a brand new Motorcraft stat . Radiator fluid was pretty dirty then but flushed clean and I had no problems. In 20016 I flushed again and installed a brand new motorcraft water pump , idler pulley and tensioner along with a brand new belt. It was here when I started to have temp issues as it would just shoot up within 20 minutes of driving . I never overheated but it made me very uneasy . I had two different mechanics check on it and both said it was fine but I just kept seeing much higher operating temps than I had seen before and I had no loss of fluid in the reservoir tank so I was baffled. That is how I came to use RMI and you are probably right it probably did not help like I think it did .

Another RMI-25 fan. I had been using it for cleaning and was happy with that. but the documentation claims it contains pump lube and seal conditioner. So I tried it on a Toyota with a weeping water pump. I'm not claiming it "worked". Because I can't prove that. But I can say the weeping stopped for the last year of ownership.

Anyone try RMI-25 to clean up Dex-Cool mud? I drain and fill every few years to keep things clean. But I still get some orange goo in the resevoir, small hoses, heater core ports, etc. Not real bad, but i would imagine over time that will build up.

Your thermostat probably opens at 195, so it would be possible for the additive to help keep the temperature closer to that point by either cleaning the radiator passages or improving heat transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back