Jumps to Middle of Topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...when I click on a thread.

Why does it do this? Can I change it?

I want the first post on the first page to be displayed when I click on the title of a thread. To get that, I have to click on the "1", which is tedious, especially while browsing the forum on my phone.

Works fine for me. It only does that to posts that you've already read some of, so if there's 8 comments and you read 4 earlier today, it'll hop down to comment number 5.

Are you not wanting it to do that or are you saying it hops down half way even on posts you've never clicked on?

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Works fine for me. It only does that to posts that you've already read some of, so if there's 8 comments and you read 4 earlier today, it'll hop down to comment number 5.

Are you not wanting it to do that or are you saying it hops down half way even on posts you've never clicked on?

OK, I thought it was doing it even on posts I hadn't clicked on. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Works fine for me. It only does that to posts that you've already read some of, so if there's 8 comments and you read 4 earlier today, it'll hop down to comment number 5. ...
That may be what's supposed to happen. Reality is that sometimes it actually does that, but other times (using your example numbers) it'll park on comment #1, and still other times it will jump to #7 or #8. Or skip to the top of the last page when there is a large number of unread posts. Why so random, when other sites can make that feature work properly?

I posted about this a while back. It's simply poor design with the forum software and is just "the way it is". The consensus is, even if you have never read a thread, it jumps you to the 'latest' post since your previous visit. Notice how threads that you've never read aren't bold after a while either ? In all other forum s/w, non-bold means there are no 'new' posts. Well, if you've never read anything in a thread, they're all new.

Does the same to me sometimes, but not all the time. Must be a glitch when they updated.

Originally Posted by Onetor
Does the same to me sometimes, but not all the time. Must be a glitch when they updated.

Nope, it did it before with the old version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back