Cursor jumps to end....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the cursor jump to the end of a person's text after using some of the formatting options ? I use the italics option and bold option and sometimes both for the same text but the software gets stupid when you use these. I highlight a word or words, then click the "B" or "I" button in the formatting toolbar and instead of the cursor moving to the end of the word, it jumps all the way to the end of the text. Actually just tested it and it goes to the very end of the post (could be multiple paragraphs, for example).

This happens with.... underline

This happens with....the alignment options​

This happens with....the quote option

No need to continue checking as it sure seems like it does it with all formatting controls.

I haven't experimented enough lately, but I'll have to see what I find with that behaviour in comparison to the old software. I haven't been using a lot of bold or italics and the like lately, so hadn't even noticed, truth be told.

Reason I noticed this is because what I do at other forums is highlight a word, phrase, etc and click the "B" button and then the "I" to make it both bold and italic. I never worked but I didn't pay that much attention. It would do the first formatting option I clicked and then add "[ i ] [/ i ]" to the end of the text.

This behavior isn't unique to other forum software either, it's how every word processing software I've seen does it too. You can highlight text and apply multiple formatting options without having to re-select the text each time.

Originally Posted by Garak
I haven't experimented enough lately, but I'll have to see what I find with that behaviour in comparison to the old software. I haven't been using a lot of bold or italics and the like lately, so hadn't even noticed, truth be told.

It has always done this, old or new BITOG.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

So it's a shortcoming in UBB (or as they will probably say, "by design") ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule

Honestly, I never even noticed it did it on either until you guys pointed it out.
wink.gif
I was under the impression that it didn't before, but don't ask me to swear an oath on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back