Chemical guys banana spray wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a little pricey for a spray wax but does very well. Wally world has it for $15.

20181129_132535.jpg

20181129_132542.jpg

Sorry, why not run something with more longevity and protection on that nice color truck?

It has been said in other forums but CG is really a marketing company. They sell many varieties of the same product and their sales pitch is annoying.

With that said, a few of their products are good for what they are.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Sorry, why not run something with more longevity and protection on that nice color truck?

It's great stuff - use it here. Easy on, easy off, lasts about a month (which is what any brand spray sealant lasts, despite marketing claims to the contrary by other products).

These products (no matter what brand you use) are formulated to supplement the main wax/sealant UV and surface protection between car washes, not act at as the primary protectant.

What is especially nice about Blazin Banana besides its very easy application is how well it also on glass and chrome trim. - with no residue.

Buy it on sale direct from Chemical Guys in the 1/2 gallon (paid $24.99 on sale for 1/2 gal) - you get 4 16 oz bottles out of it for about $6.00/bottle instead of the Wally World price of $5/bottle. While they are successful at marketing, they are an auto detail products company, just like Mothers, Meguiar's and many others. A number of their products have proven the test of time, and also tested as strong contenders for quality results.

[Linked Image]

Chemical Guys is an overpriced junk for the most part. Their chemicals are mediocre at best and the majority of the claims they make (product capabilities, longevity etc) are false. I've had my hands on quite a few of their products and they all failed to deliver (with exception of the soaps).

Originally Posted by parshisa
Chemical Guys is an overpriced junk for the most part. Their chemicals are mediocre at best and the majority of the claims they make (product capabilities, longevity etc) are false. I've had my hands on quite a few of their products and they all failed to deliver (with exception of the soaps).

Sounds like you work for a competitor...as your statement is totally false.

I've used 5 different products, 3 of which for more than 2 years on 3 vehicles, and the results have all been outstanding. There are plenty of posts on the web (thousands) that testify to the opposite of your post.

No Sir, i work in oil and gas and detail cars for fun. Way more superior products out there for similar or lower price

If you go to the CG website you will see literally dozens upon dozens of products. Many of these products are the same thing only with a different label. That is their marketing style.

Optimum, Sonax, Griots, Adams and many more are excellent brands with proven track records.

Originally Posted by PimTac
If you go to the CG website you will see literally dozens upon dozens of products. Many of these products are the same thing only with a different label. That is their marketing style.

Optimum, Sonax, Griots, Adams and many more are excellent brands with proven track records.

So you have a degree in chemistry and have tested the actual contents of each product to validate/prove that they are the same?

Of course not. Didn't think so.

For those who actually want the facts...even the detailed product information differs in terms of the product purpose, durability, usage, and other characteristics.

Optimum, Sonax, Griots, Adams are NOT necessarily better.

That's just an opinion. I would say the CG products are among the best products, after actually USING them - in particular the Blazin Banana - which is easier to apply than anything used previously (other than Chemical Guys V7 which is also very easy to apply but provides a bit longer protection).

So we disagree. No harm no foul.

Chemical Guys has too many products with too much overlap. Flashy marketing and total coverage of products is their game.

I like Meguiar's and Griot's - very focused products lines without over the top marketing and no disappointments.

There are better products for sure, but for the money you can bet on Meg's and GG every time.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Chemical Guys has too many products with too much overlap. Flashy marketing and total coverage of products is their game.

I like Meguiar's and Griot's - very focused products lines without over the top marketing and no disappointments.

There are better products for sure, but for the money you can bet on Meg's and GG every time.

Then you might be surprised to find I use both Meguiar's and Chemical Guys products...and per the topic of this thread...you might just be surprised at the phenomenal results that come from using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid with Blazin' Banana on top as a between-carwash detailing spray.

I'm not surprised, because I don't care and I wasn't replying to you.

WOW - rude and uninformed.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
I'm not surprised, because I don't care and I wasn't replying to you.

WOW - rude and uninformed.

Rude? Sure.

Uninformed? Hardly.

Rude? Sure.

Uninformed? Hardly.

OK - change part 2 to overly-opinionated. We're good now.

Rude? Sure.

Uninformed? Hardly.

Hi, Pot. Or are you Kettle?

Rude? Sure.

Uninformed? Hardly.

Hi, Pot. Or are you Kettle?

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back