The Big 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in 500,000 miles. Turned that estimable milestone yesterday while closing in on Hannibal, Missouri.
I stopped to take a picture of the odometer right as it turned all the numbers.
Then ten minutes later, after I crossed the Mississippi into Illinois, a rainbow appeared, signifying that the Automotive Gods approved.

500k-odo.jpg

rainbow (2).jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rolla07
Amazing! What vehicle? And..how much to keep it running this long? Any big repairs?
Looks like his diesel Ram (it has the same instrument panel as my old '02 did).

Oh yeah! That was in my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel.
The truck has an appetite for NV4500 transmissions. I have had 4 in the truck over the years.
The rear diff has been rebuilt twice, but the second time was elective surgery done at the same time I had a 3.73 gear installed.
Ball joints, front wheel bearings, and the occasional steering link have been replaced on an as-needed basis.
Still has the original rear drums and shoes on it! I have them checked every year during the annual DOT, and they're still good.
New radiator at 380k miles. New heater core at 390k.
New VP44 injection pump at 193k when the original smoked the internal CPU. The replacement from Blue Chip Diesel has been running good since then.
Have been running Holley Blues for the fuel lift pump, and they burn out on the average every 100k miles.

1/2 million miles on the rear factory shoes speaks volumes on the type of driver you are! Great job!

Originally Posted by dogememe
Nice! What do you do for work to put so many miles on it?

I deliver travel trailers. I run about 10k miles per month. Lots of highway cruising. Half the miles are towing.

Congrats.

I'm only about 488k behind you in my RAM.
grin.gif

Ever haul any trailers for New Horizons in Kansas?

Originally Posted by Burt
And please clean the instrument panel glass before the 600K pic!
wink.gif

I know, right?
I mean, com'on!

Just kidding, congrats & well done!

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back