I Put 303 Protectant On My Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night before we got hit with snow last week, I decided to clean my wipers. I used Armor All cleaning wipes and the 303 Protectant I recently bought (never used it before). I left the 303 on for about 3 hours and wiped it off with Toilet Paper. It definately made a difference, the wipers seem to move across the windshield with alot less effort and the one on the drivers side quit skipping. The wiper blades are about 1-1/2 - 2 yrs old.

Originally Posted by Onetor
Awesome! It didn't smear the windshield?

No smearing.

My best windshield protectant technique is to just to "wax" it with a good spray wax as you dry product. Works amazingly well!

I soak my wipers in 303 overnight. I spray on all the rubber belts and inside my new tires before they install them on the wheels. I got it bad...

I've been soaking my Canadian flags in it for 1/2 hour and then letting it drip dry over the laundry tub and the current flag I have out looks like new and its 2 years old.

Before this I was lucky to get 6 months before it would shred and I was buying quality ones at $25 each.

Originally Posted by michaelluscher
I just pulled my aging set of Envisions off and cleaned them real good

They're outside soaking now

Let's see how this goes ..

I found a video from SPC's and he soaks them in the original packaging >>>>>

Don't know if anyone here has heard of Aquapel. Its similar to RainX but way longer lasting and does not get streaky.

Originally Posted by StevieC
I've been soaking my Canadian flags in it

I never would have thought that would work on a flag.....what material ?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
My best windshield protectant technique is to just to "wax" it with a good spray wax as you dry product. Works amazingly well!

I clean my windshield with bon-ami, then use kasse sealant, works great. I do want to try 303 on my wipers though!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Warstud
I've been soaking my Canadian flags in it

I never would have thought that would work on a flag.....what material ?

Polyester.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I clean my windshield with bon-ami

That sounds really interesting. Does that technique get rid of the pitting/erosion from wear and tear?

Use a touchless car wash and leave the wipers on through soap, rinse and wax. My wipers haven't chattered or smeared for decades — well, until they wear out.

The left one, a Trico, is pushing three years. The right one, a GM, is about five years old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by spasm3
I clean my windshield with bon-ami

That sounds really interesting. Does that technique get rid of the pitting/erosion from wear and tear?

No, it just removes the bug splatters and road grime really well, does not scratch.

I've been soaking my Canadian flags in it for 1/2 hour and then letting it drip dry over the laundry tub and the current flag I have out looks like new and its 2 years old.

Before this I was lucky to get 6 months before it would shred and I was buying quality ones at $25 each.

Are you using the 303 Fabric Guard on your flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back