AAP site goes down often

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in the middle of adding stuff to my cart then suddenly the site says it's down for maintenance and will be up again soon. It's down again at the moment.

Has anybody else seen this?

Yes. And sometimes a very basic web site shows up without many of the usual graphics and it is impossible to order anything.

Walt B.

Yes it has been doing it for months now. Seems they are doing tuneups all the time.

O'Reilly has been doing the same thing, but not as often as Advance does.

All this started back months ago when both of them updated their websites with whatever new software they are using now.

I had a similar experience with O'Reilly Auto earlier today. Just browsing trying to find where to spend $5 coupon and pages stopped loading with error message.

Even worse is when AAP's site goes down, (I think it only happens after adding things to my cart and then going to checkout), and then it never changes from the "sorry, we're updating the site" page.

The fix for that is to open a new private browser window. Maybe the "sorry" page gets stuck in the cache or has a problem with the cookies or something.

Yep all the time. Was bad this wkend..they need to fix their site ..bad that they cant get something as simple as their site to work properly..

Last time Advance quit on me it gave a 20% online coupon: code PS20. Catch-22, though. How do you order online if the site is down?

I was finally able to put my order in. Only took like 10 tries.

Originally Posted by DejaVue
The fix for that is to open a new private browser window. Maybe the "sorry" page gets stuck in the cache or has a problem with the cookies or something.

Yes that works.

I check their price with the speed perks discount & compare to RockAuto , AutoZone , NAPA & O'Reilly .

AAP is competitive , some / much of the time .

Plus , check sales .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back