How to get rid of unwanted (<50mph) temporary spare tire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to reduce garage clutter. Have the old temporary spare tire from the Forester that need to get rid of, ever since I removed it and installed a full size spare in the car years ago.

Going to be moving in late January and trying to get rid of junk ahead of time.

When I got a rim off eBay and a "real" tire put on … Discount Tire got rid of the junk … (Cruze) …
Well the Tahoe had one of those stupid things actually bigger than the 18"/265's on the ground but on a 17" LEO looking wheel … so had to do the tire calculation stuff and special order a nice Cooper M&S …

It has zero value. Find a sign that says no dumping and leave it there.
laugh.gif

Take it to a tire shop. They will recycle the tire responsibly (hopefully), and mine would always waive the $2 disposale fee if there was a scrap wheel involved, since that has value.

Thx all. Not looking to get any $$ from it, just dispose of it in a responsible manner.
cool.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
Leave it on the curb with a $20 price on it.

Do this but be sure to identify it as being for a subaru and has the 5x100 pattern. I would go so far as to include a chain and unlocked padlock.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
Leave it on the curb with a $20 price on it.

That's good motivation to make it disappear - I like that idea!

Depending on the manufacture, many cars don't have spares in them now. Depending on your bolt pattern and diameter of the tire, someone may buy it. Give it 3 weeks on Craigslist.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Thx all. Not looking to get any $$ from it, just dispose of it in a responsible manner.
cool.gif

Then list it as free. Someone might have a good use for it.

Originally Posted by MarkM66
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
cool.gif

Then list it as free. Someone might have a good use for it.

I think the idea of putting a price on it is to make it more likely for someone to liberate it.
cool.gif

I've gotten rid of one for free a few years ago. I place the ad on CL. Someone eventually wanted it. I left it beside my garage for them to pick up. You can include FB Marketplace as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back