Honda Accord splash shield push pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the push pins that hold the lower splash shield,that large plastic panel that covers the underside of the car (engine,transmission) be purchased at parts chains vs the Honda dealerships?

Amazon carries several brands and types, but their descriptions often fail to make clear the most important specification---the diameter hole it is supposed to fit. I bought some 7-mm ones which seem about as good as Toyota's, and a lot less overpriced.

Have you priced them from a dealer yet? I bought some at a VW dealer this year for .70 a piece. Plus a dealer will sell you them individually which might be cheaper if you don't need an entire box.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Can the push pins that hold the lower splash shield,that large plastic panel that covers the underside of the car (engine,transmission) be purchased at parts chains vs the Honda dealerships?

I recommend you find the part number for them (from an online dealership like BernardiParts), then check eBay for that part numbers. There are tons of aftermarket listings for virtually every Honda clip.

You may also be able to find them locally (which I think is what you asked for) under a brand like Dorman. Here's an example:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...FAJFEAQYAiABEgKUHPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The caveat is if they're not OE the quality varies. I've purchased aftermarket versions of various Honda pushpins, my opinion is that they all did the job holding things together and they fit fine. However the ones with the metal inserts inside started showing a slight hint of rust stains because the metal inserts rust on the aftermarket ones. This doesn't happen with the OE ones (they use stainless in the OEM ones?). The ones that rusted are still holding things fine and I don't really care if they rust, given the OE ones cost around 2.00 a clip (for this specific type of clip) and the aftermarket ones were significantly cheaper. They're holding the splash shield to the front bumper cover under the car so I can care less if they have some rust water stains.

The ones that are fully plastic (like the two piece ones) were virtually identical to the OE ones when I compared them side by side in person. I imagine the material is probably different but I couldn't tell.

Like NoNameJoe mentioned, you can find them in bulk on eBay or Amazon once you know the part number you need. I've also found that they aren't the same quality as OEM, but for the price of a bag of them, I pretty much expect to break them when I remove the panels and use a new one every time.

You can buy them at advance auto in the little hanging boxes with nuts and bolts, but they are pricey. I ordered a bag of 50 of them from amazon for about the price of 4 at the part store. The amazon ones are not as good as the Honda ones but I've got plenty of spares.

There's an auto body paint and supply shop near me which has a tremendous variety of pins, rivets, weatherstrip, blind nuts etc.

Unfortunately, they use their own shelving location numbers to ID them, not the mfgr's part number so I can't tell you what I just bought for my neighbor's 2010 Accord splashguard.

They're so reasonably priced it'd be ECONOMICAL for me to mail 'em to people.

See if there's a paint shop near you. Try extracting a good one intact and bring it with you.

Originally Posted by LotI
10mm pins
I bought these before and they're great. Having a couple extra around is ok, especially if you can help a buddy.
Back in early 2014 when I replaced the radiator on an 01 Civic bought the exact same 10mm clips. In my observation, every bit as good as OEM, and back then 40 for the price 4-6 from the dealer.

It appears that the clip design for the OP's vehicle has changed slightly. Seems they added a little metal clip inside the clip. Linked are what they show on Amazon with Honda part number. I'd 'speculate' though the older clips could/would work too, but might as well match OE if possible. 91505-s9a-003 clips

As mentioned with some searching and luck might be able to find Dorman equivalent clips at AP store. I think finding those clips in stock though very iffy. Dealer retail for one, $2.22.

Like Trav suggested, I've used that site for OEM Nissan, Subaru and Honda.

I also have an eBay assortment kit that comes organized in a plastic case for my own use. Those have come in handy and are very inexpensive.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Originally Posted by LotI
10mm pins
I bought these before and they're great. Having a couple extra around is ok, especially if you can help a buddy.
Back in early 2014 when I replaced the radiator on an 01 Civic bought the exact same 10mm clips. In my observation, every bit as good as OEM, and back then 40 for the price 4-6 from the dealer.

It appears that the clip design for the OP's vehicle has changed slightly. Seems they added a little metal clip inside the clip. Linked are what they show on Amazon with Honda part number. I'd 'speculate' though the older clips could/would work too, but might as well match OE if possible. 91505-s9a-003 clips

As mentioned with some searching and luck might be able to find Dorman equivalent clips at AP store. I think finding those clips in stock though very iffy. Dealer retail for one, $2.22.

Thanks Sayjac! You're correct,starting 2012 the pins changed slightly and included the metal retainer. Your link looks to be the exact match. All the ones I kept finding (besides dealership ones which are super expensive for what you get) only go up to 2011 and don't have the metal retainer.

I bought a box full of them off Rockauto - made by Dorman and are eactly the same as the honda....$.27 cents each min of 20. Dorman part # 700080 go to rock auto and BODY then Splash shield retainer/clip

Last edited:
These are a great eBay item. Cheap and in-bulk straight from China.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back