Loving gas prices right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my neck of the woods (SoCal), it is 3.43/ga . ZZ & Egghead might think this is pretty high, but I still remember the $4.40/ga prices around 2008-09. So as long as it isn't too far north of 3.00/ga I'm ok.

Last edited:
Glad to hear they are low. I honestly don't pay attention as it never has been something I can control. Maybe if I used cash but had a credit card since college, it goes in and fill.

Most stations in my city are at $2.06.

It will go up next week after the switch to winter blend
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by grampi
What's with the prices on the left coast? Talk about price gouging....

TAX.

Also, special blends that limit competition to local refinery production.

..It will go up next week after the switch to winter blend
Winter blend is less expensive to produce and one reason why gas prices traditionally drop and lowest this time of year.

Average gas prices this region/area ~2.28, locally ~$2.33. Close to what they were last year. With a short drive can get ~$2.20. Year over year though, here 2018 average gas price significantly higher than 2017.

Originally Posted by grampi
What's with the prices on the left coast? Talk about price gouging....

When we moved from Pa in '05 prices were within pennies of what we were paying there. Now not so much. Not sure why (in Az).

Its dropping by me, but not to the levels in some other states due to NY taxes on each gallon. $2.75 or so is about as low as I've seen in the metro area, but that is lower than it had been.

I'm also a big fan of low gas prices. I remember riding with my dad to buy gasoline, he favored the place with the lowest price which was $0.24 cents a gallon back then. If he worked local, $2 was enough gasoline. If he was working in the next town it would need $3 of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back