Kiwi Grip deck coating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I am restoring..really fluff n buffing, a Century runabout. I will replace the carpet and am looking at options; sheet vinyl, seadeck, etc., but don't want it to look too modern. I was given a recommendation for Kiwi Grip non slip coating from a dealer who also sells other deck materials. Seems pretty slick and a relatively easy install. Any experience here? Can also think of some other uses around the garage.

PYI Inc Kiwi Grip

Last edited:
the deck...floor. currently older but still decent carpet, but the better half prefers a non carpeted boat floor. I tend to agree. The fore and aft decks are already a similarly textured gelcoat. Kiwi makes a matching color and I am trying to keep it somewhat period correct.

6729427_20180530115149739_1_XLARGE.jpg

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by Donald
what area of the boat?
Century runabout.

I say runabout...but is it technically a utility since you can walk around most of the engine box?

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Hi All, I am restoring..really fluff n buffing, a Century runabout. I will replace the carpet and am looking at options; sheet vinyl, seadeck, etc., but don't want it to look too modern.
If done tastefully there is nothing better than old stuff that is improved with modern technology. That Kiwi Grip stuff looks good but roll on canned products like that are inconsistent in the hands of a neophyte. There's a reason why roll-on bedliners suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back