Oil fill hole pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my point about PoP testing … nobody gets those results but the OEM and the lubricant designers …
And they continue to supply FF … So when I bought the new GM's at different dealerships (many miles between) they told me the same thing … AC Delco oil change is free and Mobil 1 for a few bucks more. That relationship lives on like Pennzoil and FCA.

My second point … other than Amsoil and a couple boutiques … you'd be hard pressed to find many oils that were run by one customer (who drives plenty miles) that could have been run 10k OCI's with long engine life (clean engine tops) for 40 years … thin oils that saved real money in 40 years …
Sure, you can do it now … but it's 40 years of off the shelf oil that earned his trust …
Not changing him or Irv … so be it …
I'd run any of the 3 … but looking at what folks just posted on AH index and VI … I'm already overkill using OLM for now

As for your bias claims … here are my last two oil changes … don't blame me for not using Pennzoil in the rear end … my only complete oil failure and resultant loss of ring, pinion, spider gears, and pins was Pennzoil in your brand of truck …

DFCA0DDA-8BFD-4489-AAA9-2E772D7C790D.jpeg

B8D1B554-5AE7-4D22-AE55-7AF248B53BFF.jpeg

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by 4WD
Not sure what you mean Stevie?

It's just that Tig1 hasn't torn down any of the engines to show the mileage he claims with the OCI's that he has done. We just accept that it's truth but other members are asked to provide torn down measurements. Why the double standard. (Again, I'm not saying Tig1 is lying because I don't believe that to be the case) I'm just using it as an example to illustrate the point I think Irv is getting at having had the same doubt cast on me being here the same time and having other BITOG members see my Santa Fe in person.

However you do have a left hand way of calling me a liar. As for my comments about not showing noticeable engine wear.

1) No engine has ever increased in oil consumption from start to finish.

2) All my engines have stayed very clean( no sludge).

3) None of my engines ever had blow by.

4) None of my engines ever had unusual engine noise(a sign of engine wear).

5) None of my engines ever showed any sign of loss of power(compression).

Also why would I tear down an engine that doesn't need it?

33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1
Originally Posted by UncleDave
Nice clean hole.

How does it leak down?
How tight is she?

UD

Not sure what you mean.

I was asking if you had done a leak down test, just to see how worn it is or isn't.

It's pretty common to ask for one in getting a new/used car, lots of guys have one in their shop, and it's typically only a minor pain to do.

You got lots of rings and valves to seal and they can be tight on oil, but you can still leak air in a lot of places and everything would seem normal.

It's the only simple non-destructive way to know how much life left in your assembly - typically the top end wears out quicker than the bottom end.

UD

However you do have a left hand way of calling me a liar.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I defended you in the earlier post. I was only using your case as an example of the hypocrisy on this board that one thing is accepted as fact from one user but not another is all.

Originally Posted by StevieC

Not that I think Tig1 is lying (because I don't), we both have been here for a while I know his story hasn't changed, but playing devils advocate here for a minute. Why is it ok to demand proof of tear down from one member but not another it is the Internet after all. It doesn't make sense and I think that is what Irv is getting at.

I get heat as well even though I've run my Santa Fe 300K miles (535,000km) on Amsoil and I have met members of this forum in person that have seen the Santa Fe but there are others here that don't believe it. Heck they don't even believe how clean the engine is under the valve cover when posted.
21.gif

Last edited:
I can go take a pic of the oil fill hole on my high mileage Silverado and what will that prove? Other brands of oil keep the engine clean too...

Tig1's Mobil1 obsession is cool. No problem. But almost every single one of his posts is "m1 0-20 is the best oil" so it is a little annoying.

Originally Posted by Donald
While that area of the valve train looks clean, the rest may be the same or maybe not. I would not base any decisions on what you see in that picture.

thumbsup2.gif

This is true. It is part of the story, the rest of the engine may or may not be spotlessly clean.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by Donald
While that area of the valve train looks clean, the rest may be the same or maybe not. I would not base any decisions on what you see in that picture.

thumbsup2.gif

This is true. It is part of the story, the rest of the engine may or may not be spotlessly clean.

I addressed that.

Originally Posted by dogememe
I can go take a pic of the oil fill hole on my high mileage Silverado and what will that prove? Other brands of oil keep the engine clean too...

Tig1's Mobil1 obsession is cool. No problem. But almost every single one of his posts is "m1 0-20 is the best oil" so it is a little annoying.

I have never said M1 0-20 is the best oil. Now M1 oils are outstanding and may be one of the better oils in the world.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
OK Tig1, which oil in your opinion is better? M1 AFE or M1 EP?

Thank You
wink.gif

The 07 Fusion had AFE for about 190-200K. 10K OCIs worked very well, as does EP. Flip a coin.

Thank You
wink.gif

The 07 Fusion had AFE for about 190-200K. 10K OCIs worked very well, as does EP. Flip a coin.

Tig:
Your 10K OCI's on Mobil1, and the pictures of your spotless engines at that OCI, and the high mileages you accumulate on your cars have made me a believer in the quality of Mobil1 oils....I'm just wondering why you went to the more expensive EP version (without extending your OCI) when you had such great results with the AFE? I agree that other name brand syns could probably do the same but I can't recall anybody who has shown it as you have.....Thanks for your input on this site...

Originally Posted by pbm

Thank You
wink.gif

Tig:
Your 10K OCI's on Mobil1, and the pictures of your spotless engines at that OCI, and the high mileages you accumulate on your cars have made me a believer in the quality of Mobil1 oils....I'm just wondering why you went to the more expensive EP version (without extending your OCI) when you had such great results with the AFE? I agree that other name brand syns could probably do the same but I can't recall anybody who has shown it as you have.....Thanks for your input on this site...

Shortly after I purchased the 2017 Fusion I went to WM to buy AFE, but they were sold out. So I went ahead and bought 2 jugs of EP. The Fusion holds 5 3/4 qts. The 2007 holds 4 1/2 qts so I just continued buying EP. I just pour the remaining 1/2 qt after a change with the 07 into the other jug of EP. The cost means nothing to me, so I continue to use the EP. I guess that's about as clear as mud.

Under fill hole!! 0w20 Redline lol. Better performance than any 0w20 pcmo? Absolutely. Buy what makes you warm and fuzzy and what you can afford. Good day everyone.

IMG_0500.jpg

jpeg-imag.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Originally Posted by irv
. . .

What I am not happy with is with people like Tig who constantly come on here and tout a product but have nothing to back those claims up.

I know I get vilified and labeled a hater for just having an opinion about Mobil oil but yet others are allowed to post ignorant claims all the time without any real proof to back those claims up and nothing is said about them. Frankly, I think it is a joke.
. . .

Almost a quarter-million miles, functioning properly and clean as a whistle. He doesn't have to "tout" anything. That evidence speaks for itself, and backs itself up without more.
Of course, that's not to say that other products can't do the same.

You shouldn't be vilified for any reason here. You're entitled to your opinion about Mobil 1. If it's that strong, though, and you've got some experience, I'd expect that YOU would be able to show some actual hard evidence that M1 isn't performing as it's being "touted".

Originally Posted by irv
. . .

What I am not happy with is with people like Tig who constantly come on here and tout a product but have nothing to back those claims up.

I know I get vilified and labeled a hater for just having an opinion about Mobil oil but yet others are allowed to post ignorant claims all the time without any real proof to back those claims up and nothing is said about them. Frankly, I think it is a joke.
. . .

Tig has never changed his story over the time I have known him here, and he has provided the pic through the oil hole which is more than enough combined with other users here of M1 product over decades.

Heck if he provided an entire valve cover picture folks would say but that doesn't mean the bottom end isn't full of sludge, and if he provided the bottom end then they would say but that doesn't mean the rings / pistons aren't full of gunk and if he provided pictures of that they would say but how do we know that he isn't just saying he went that kind of mileage on an OCI or you would say yeah but we don't know the measurements of the parts and without a tear down it means nothing.
smirk2.gif

Fact is we can't say for sure but I would take his word over some of the others here considering the manner in which he posts and the fact his story has never changed.

If you don't want to believe him then don't, but provide proof that supports what you are saying that would contradict his statements.

21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Marco620
Under fill hole!! 0w20 Redline lol. Better performance than any 0w20 pcmo? Absolutely. Buy what makes you warm and fuzzy and what you can afford. Good day everyone.

That entire engine is spotless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back