RAM 1500 IS THE 2019 MOTORTREND TRUCK OF THE YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by macarose
Congrats to FCA for paying the highest bounty for the honor.

I read recently that Ford and GM didn't even bother to show up for the Texas Truck of the year competition. Wonder why?

The 2019 RAM is an amazingly nice vehicle. It is the best truck IMO. I own a 2017 RAM 1500 Limited - LOVE it and the 2019 just raised the bar. There is no better interior than the RAM.

I can see the appeal for some … but the lighter series is turning into a car … on the other hand that would send some buyers to the HD series and the roads are filling up with those giants pulling a little 4 wheeler buggy to deer camp …

When there are only three real players in the arena, and they get redesigned every 5-6 years on different schedules, who is surprised that the newest one just gets the "honor" because its the newest one? Toyota waits a decade for Tundra and Tacoma redesigns, Nissan redesigns the Frontier every 23 years, and they phoned in the Titan for Generation 2.

Originally Posted by KalapanaBlack
When there are only three real players in the arena, and they get redesigned every 5-6 years on different schedules, who is surprised that the newest one just gets the "honor" because its the newest one? Toyota waits a decade for Tundra and Tacoma redesigns, Nissan redesigns the Frontier every 23 years, and they phoned in the Titan for Generation 2.

GM has a new design this year, I would not say GM's trucks are a step forward. Ram and the F150 had a new design the last time the Ram had a complete overhaul.

Watched a guy pulling out of the Goodyear store in a Titan … it looked like several truck brands welded together …
Reminded me of Toyota's NASCAR engine …

Too bad they don't wait a couple years to see all the recalls and failure rates for each model before they gave this award.

Initial quality on trucks these days is pretty easy... seeing what failed after 5 years and 100k miles is a different story.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Too bad they don't wait a couple years to see all the recalls and failure rates for each model before they gave this award.

Initial quality on trucks these days is pretty easy... seeing what failed after 5 years and 100k miles is a different story.

Initial quality should be a given with an experienced car builder … but one of my engineers and I were walking around a new Tesla (parked by hotel) in late 2017 just amazed at how poorly the seams lined up (or didn't) …

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251

GM has a new design this year, I would not say GM's trucks are a step forward. Ram and the F150 had a new design the last time the Ram had a complete overhaul.

But it's not on the market yet. It will be the truck of the year next year. And then the updated F-150. Then the updated Colorado/Canyon. And so on.

I vote for our 2001 Tundra as truck of the year.
190K miles, never seen the inside of a garage.
Silky smooth V8; I never check the oil.
People knock on the door asking to buy it.
Heck, I hardly ever put gas in, cuz my neighbors borrow it and fill 'er up.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I vote for our 2001 Tundra as truck of the year.
190K miles, never seen the inside of a garage.
Silky smooth V8; I never check the oil.
People knock on the door asking to buy it.
Heck, I hardly ever put gas in, cuz my neighbors borrow it and fill 'er up.

Toyotas are nice.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
The 2019 RAM is an amazingly nice vehicle. It is the best truck IMO. I own a 2017 RAM 1500 Limited - LOVE it and the 2019 just raised the bar. There is no better interior than the RAM.

You see the 2019 Silverado? The interior looks like 2009 with some extra angles and soft-touch materials. Literally zero innovation there.

The exterior looks like they put the thing into a blender and was like "yeah, that's good."

Let me guess, your team did not show?

That is because their trucks are so far behind the big 3, they don't dare pump billions into them on redesigns knowing they will gain no market share.

It's a nice truck but yeah they've been spending hard past few years in hopes of a renaissance. Multiple Chrysler products this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back