Flour Tortillas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been close to 40 years since i've had home made flour tortillas, but I was walking through the international aisle at wally world the other day and found a package of flour tortilla mix, just add warm water, knead and let it rest for 15 minutes and cook on the griddle. These are pretty darn good tortillas, I vow never to have packaged precooked tortillas again.

Give them a try.

As a kid i remember my moms home made tortillas. She used flour, lard, and baking powder(very little) and warm water..i used to stand by the griddle and grab the fist one out....

Post your favorite home made tortilla recipes if any.

enjoy

Last edited:
i forgot to mention you have to roll them out before putting on the griddle, this takes practice to make them nice and round. my wife can roll them out perfect, but mine are less than perfect.....

malo, i have been using some of those and when i can get down south i buy the ones made at HEB., walmart down south also has another brand name that are pretty good, but i'm taking the home made with the premix over those
wink.gif

p.s. i'm in the midwest hard to get to either coast, usually go south to visit family in texas
when i get vacation enough to make it worth my trip

Originally Posted by John_Conrad
i forgot to mention you have to roll them out before putting on the griddle, this takes practice to make them nice and round. my wife can roll them out perfect, but mine are less than perfect.....

malo, i have been using some of those and when i can get down south i buy the ones made at HEB., walmart down south also has another brand name that are pretty good, but i'm taking the home made with the premix over those
wink.gif

p.s. i'm in the midwest hard to get to either coast, usually go south to visit family in texas
when i get vacation enough to make it worth my trip

Agree nothing beats home made tortillas, my mother could roll some perfectly round tortillas, when i tried they would roll out looking like a map of the US,
lol.gif

But for store bought tortillas Tortillaland have to be the best.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back