Help....mixed Hoat with OAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that, that would be interesting to see. Unfortunately I didn't own the garage so I didn't get anything. I didn't ask for anything, at that time I was young and it was all just old junk. LOL.

To further support my claim that chemically mixing them isn't a problem and that its compatibility with the cooling system that is the problem.

I sloshed it around for 1/2 hour and I smelled it, no odours at all. (Couldnt find a jar with a lid)

Again just so we're clear I'm not condoning doing this!

20181124_133808.jpg

20181124_133902.jpg

20181124_134011.jpg

20181124_134040.jpg

Last edited:
Again you are confusing miscibility with reactivity. Stevie, no offense man but is this concept really beyond your understanding? I don't think so, I think now you are just trolling the thread.

My argument was these will not chemically react with one another and it's the compatiblility with the cooling system that is the issue, go back and read.

I'm done here. Just wanted the photos to be part of the thread is all.

Last edited:
People reading this, please don't mix the two in your cooling system. You've been warned!!

Frank, you remember that van that had sludge in the block, heater core, radiator and warped the heads from overheating. That was caused by the guy mixing coolants during top offs. No way in Hades am I topping anything off with anything but what is in the system.
Once you experience that sort of damage its a real eye opener.

Again for those that don't seem to be able to read.

This all came from the fact that the OP has mixed a tiny amount into his system, in which I told him to dump the overflow bottle and refill with OAT but not to worry about flushing the entire system because the amount was small. I then went on to further state that if it was more than this such as a radiator spill/re-fill I would drain and flush the system fully.

I said above that it's the compatibility of the coolant with the system that is the problem because it prematurely causes components to corrode and this leads to sludging and that it's not the coolants mixing with themselves causing the issue. That has been my whole argument. I proved that mixing the coolant outside the system is fine. It's when it's mixed in systems not designed for it that it's a problem.

I was really clear and stated many times that I wasn't condoning mixing coolants in systems intentionally.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Trav
I thought you were done here for what the fourth or fifth time?

I was but I won't have you or anyone else twisting my posts.

You twist you own post, you don't need help from me or anyone else.

Originally Posted by StevieC
in which I told him to dump the overflow bottle and refill with OAT but not to worry about flushing the entire system because the amount was small

I proved that mixing the coolant outside the system is fine. It's when it's mixed in systems not designed for it that it's a problem.

You are getting so bad you contradict yourself in the same post.
33.gif

It's in my first post to the OP

If you just topped off the overflow bottle you are fine, but I would pull up on the overflow bottle which I believe just sits in slots on the radiator, disconnect the hose going to the Rad-Cap neck and pour out the bottle and then refill with OAT...

And then posted this to further explain.
I'm not saying you should mix HOAT in an OAT cooling system by choice and that it won't lead to sludge...

Had this been a spill/fill using HOAT as the refill in this OAT system I would agree to change it out.

This all came from the fact that the OP has mixed a tiny amount into his system, in which I told him to dump the overflow bottle and refill with OAT but not to worry about flushing the entire system because the amount was small. I then went on to further state that if it was more than this such as a radiator spill/re-fill I would drain and flush the system fully.

I said above that it's the compatibility of the coolant with the system that is the problem because it prematurely causes components to corrode and this leads to sludging and that it's not the coolants mixing with themselves causing the issue. That has been my whole argument. I proved that mixing the coolant outside the system is fine. It's when it's mixed in systems not designed for it that it's a problem.

I was really clear and stated many times that I wasn't condoning mixing coolants in systems intentionally.

So clearly you have a reading comprehension problem it seems or you just want to intentionally twist what I'm saying.
wink.gif

Last edited:
The problem here isn't reading comprehension. The problem is you have argued that mixing OAT and HOAT coolant is harmless. Then you "don't condone it" when challenged by those who know what they're talking about. The process then repeats and you argue mixing the two is harmless. You're challenged and you "don't condone it." Enough!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Uregina09
The problem here isn't reading comprehension. The problem is you have argued that mixing OAT and HOAT coolant is harmless. Then you "don't condone it" when challenged by those who know what they're talking about. The process then repeats and you argue mixing the two is harmless. You're challenged and you "don't condone it." Enough!

Read the quotes It's clear.

It's in my first post to the OP

If you just topped off the overflow bottle you are fine, but I would pull up on the overflow bottle which I believe just sits in slots on the radiator, disconnect the hose going to the Rad-Cap neck and pour out the bottle and then refill with OAT...

And then posted this to further explain.
I'm not saying you should mix HOAT in an OAT cooling system by choice and that it won't lead to sludge...

Had this been a spill/fill using HOAT as the refill in this OAT system I would agree to change it out.

Last edited:
Love these comments, because you can't accept what I'm saying and have been clear so you resort to this nonsense. I won't be beaten into submission by having my words twisted.
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
I don't see where your words have been twisted. Apparently Trav, Overkill, Demarpaint and I among others are very confused and can't/don't understand what you really mean.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fins
Ok...........I only drove the van from my shed to the house garage.........I drained the overflow jug and refilled with OAT.

This seems like it should have been the end of it.

Closing this down to relieve the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back