Up at the Mountain today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took myself to the Mountain today.
A mate was racing in the Mountain Straight Hillclimb "run what you brung". I got there to watch his "wave" (three waves, each wave gets a few runs over the day).
Numbers of racers somewhere between 80 and 90, all sorts of things from Ford Anglias, FWD hatches, street registered big bangers, tube frame race cars, rotary engine Datsun 1200....typical Oz have fun days.

I missed a few before I realised that the Samsung Galaxy J5 I run lets you pause a recording mid recording, so just sitting watching a corner, I could make one video of multiple events.

My mate is the black Alfa Romeo turbodiesel at around 0:38...his daily driver (40MPG US, and apparently a great car to drive).

Newcastle ?

Was up there two weeks ago tomorrow, and was funny driving through a city with tyre barriers being installed.

Originally Posted by Silk
A Kiwi was always going to win it...

Yep, either Scotty or SVG! Was nice to see the Falcon end its racing career with a Championship win.

That's great footage! Be nice to see what sort of speeds he was achieving. Did he place at all in his class?

Torquey little diesel did almost the entire run in 4th gear
smile.gif

Looks like fun, but it sure isn't Pikes Peak. I ran it when it was dirt and the Unsers ruled the hill.
Smoky

It's really a great track...set the cruise control for 60km/h (40mph), and you can't drive around it in a street car.

Was talking to my mate yesterday re the alfa...it's his get to work car, and sips 100kn on his commute...and he doesn't drive prissily.

With daughter at learner's phase, and these things having depreciated really badly...and being pretty OK to self maintain, it has got the gears clunking.

Originally Posted by Silk
Redlining each shift at 4,500rpm probably....

That's pretty good for a diesel. I've seen in-car video of the Audi R18 at LeMans, and they shift at just over 4000 rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back