Deer jumps car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Kestas
I can't understand why the deer flanked the car before crossing. It could have just slowed down.

Tons of Mule Deer around here. I've never considered them to be smart.

I can't understand why the deer flanked the car before crossing. It could have just slowed down.

Because in the deer brain, it sees your car as a predator...slowing down means death.

Deer are high strung, skittish and panic easily. Many will run right into the side of your vehicle while in motion or not.
crazy2.gif

A buck ran into the side of my sister's Impala LTZ in Pa last month and got every panel from front to back, cleaned off the mirror and dented the A pillar with an antler. Forgot to jump apparently.

Originally Posted by irv

Deer are high strung, skittish and panic easily. Many will run right into the side of your vehicle while in motion or not.
crazy2.gif

This is also a buck in what I imagine is mating season.

Roos will do that too...

At night you are stuffed, as they won't run out of the light from your headlights.

That buck was DA STUD when all of his pals saw the video. Dude, you pwned that car!!

Whitetail deer don't react in any predictable way although sometimes it seems they play chicken or some kind of Russian roulette with cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back