Hubcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally can compete with, if not, beat that. ....not that there is a competition or anything.

Years ago, under the seat of my parts delivery van, I found a rear taillight lens for a '74 Oldsmobile Cutlass wagon and a fake wood applique' for another vehicle.

Both long forgotten parts.

One day, stopped ahead of me at a red light, was a '74 Olds Cutlass wagon WITH THAT SAME TAILLIGHT BROKEN!

I hopped out of the car, tapped on his window and said, "Here, this is yours. Just another friendly service of Paramus Dodge". I didn't stick around to take a bow because the light was changing but I did see the guy smile. I now know what an honest 'amazed smile' in an adult looks like.

I trust I made his week....or even his month.

Was it a Vista Cruiser?
grin2.gif

It seemed whenever I got home, my Lada would've lost another hubcap. I never saw them go, they just went from being there...to not being there. No one offers parts to make your sorry Lada look nice.

I've noticed on 2 foreign trips that people who have wheel discs often attach them to their wheels using zip ties. Maybe it helps hold the disc on or maybe it just keeps a fallen off disc around for a while.

I don't know whether it works but it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back