Is Outback Steakhouse any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm embarrassed to say I've never been to Outback Steakhouse. Any favorites you enjoy ?

Is this place worth the money or just hype and better to go to a family restaurant with good reviews ?

Here in Delaware it is a college hang out.
Don't feel bad ,I have only been there a few times myself.
It isn't thrilling for sure and not bad either.
Average at best.

I would look at specific reviews of the one you intend to go to. The quality of the food and management vary quite a bit. I haven't been to one in probably ten years or so. I do remember going to one on a trip to Connecticut and the prime rib was pretty good.

Originally Posted by JayhawkRoy
I would look at specific reviews of the one you intend to go to. The quality of the food and management vary quite a bit. I haven't been to one in probably ten years or so. I do remember going to one on a trip to Connecticut and the prime rib was pretty good.

My experience as well. Except for the prime rib in CT.
smile.gif

I've found that most locations are very good. Only had a couple of bad ones.

It's a restaurant chain with an Australian theme. Food-wise, other than their "bloomin' onion" it's no different than any other chain-based restaurant. I'd guess 75% of their food comes from GFS, Sysco, etc. I don't anyone can tell the difference between a steak, burger, chicken-breast sandwich, etc whether it's from Outback, Logan's, Applebee's, etc. I'm not saying any of these places are bad either.

I went several years ago. Just ok. Place in Houston I go to called Ruth Chris. Great steak. It's the only place I go now for steak.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
It's a restaurant chain with an Australian theme. Food-wise, other than their "bloomin' onion" it's no different than any other chain-based restaurant.

Just to clear the air...this chain has nothing to do with Australia...it's not owned by Aussies, the themes aren't Aussie...for e.g. a "bloomin onion" is NOTHING that you would see in Oz.

Our friend from Mesa practiced Oz a few times at outback before coming here...she was not looking forward to the food as a result...we drove past one of the only couple in Oz, and she told us not to go there...it's nothing like what she experienced here.

Pablo once described the marinade on the steak (Oz resteraunts don't marinade steak) as "urine like"

I used to liked ours, but quality has slipped to the point that we'll never go again. I've eaten three steaks at our local OBSH and each was chewy and grisly. Bloomin' onions are sloppy, greasy heaps of nastiness, and their other meals and apps are no better than what you can reheat from the Walamart frozen section.

YMMV. Ours used to be our go-too cheap restaurant.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
It's a restaurant chain with an Australian theme. Food-wise, other than their "bloomin' onion" it's no different than any other chain-based restaurant.

Just to clear the air...this chain has nothing to do with Australia...it's not owned by Aussies, the themes aren't Aussie...for e.g. a "bloomin onion" is NOTHING that you would see in Oz.

Our friend from Mesa practiced Oz a few times at outback before coming here...she was not looking forward to the food as a result...we drove past one of the only couple in Oz, and she told us not to go there...it's nothing like what she experienced here.

Pablo once described the marinade on the steak (Oz resteraunts don't marinade steak) as "urine like"
They're as Australian as a Holden Ute with a kangaroo in the bed!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Sizzler..... LOL

Now you know Outback is marginally better than Sizzler. Which isn't saying much...
whistle.gif

Not bad not great some are better than others. I find Texas Roadhouse far superior in Comparison. Better meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back