Weathertech floor mats worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debating getting some for my daughter and son in law for Christmas. Who has them and what are your thoughts/review of them?

I always found them slippery in customers cars. I go with OEM all weathers and love how perfect they fit. Youd be surprisd at how cheap they can be from the dealer, my gl was 88$ for a set of 4 rubber mats.

We offer them as well as the OEM ones. To be honest, none of the Weathertech products have impressed me. They seem way overpriced and don't fit as well as OE. I have only sold a few sets, mostly on F-150 and Super Duty, and have had to return all of them due to not fitting.

My dad has a black set, and they hold onto road salt/sand like you wouldn't believe. They're very very tough to clean and look terrible if even a little dirty.

Had them in all 4 rows of our 2013 Grand Caravan. Actually 3 rows of Husky liners and one weathertech. The middle and 3rd row would turn into wading pools from kids getting in/out with snow on the ground. Once they have even a little bit of water on them, it does work it's way under and soaks the carpeting underneath, which then cannot breathe. The fronts do a bit better on holding and shedding water. Like said above, they do look terrible once dirty and aren't the easiest things to clean.

Anymore I prefer two sets of carpeted mats. A summer set and a winter set.

Last edited:
I have Rugged Ridge in my Jeep and they are one of the very best investments I have ever made. Very thick rubber and excellent fit. They catch all the muck and slush from the farm, fields, and forests that we frequent. They are only available for trucks and SUV's.

Look at Husky mats too. Our Fusion came with factory all-weather mats but they are TINY (I suspect this is because of lawsuits in the past, specifically Toyota, about floor mats that interfered with the gas and brake pedals - same reason they all have mounting hooks to hold them in place now). I looked at Husky and Weathertech but a) the Weathertech were about 40% more expensive and b) covered less area.

Husky mats are made in the US too.

I have Weathertech laser cut versions and their ok, thin but fits fine. I prefer Fox All Weather boots like ones I have for our 1993 Toyota pickup but they no longer make for Toyotas not sure if they're still in business.

I have absolutely no complaints. Got a set for 15 Forester and the carpet is pristine. have not seen Husky so can't recommend but on Forester board, everybody sang praise of WeatherTech so got them. I personally have no complaints. Overpriced, yes, but thats what you get for the US-made.

The cargo mat is OEM, from Subaru. They are thinner than WeatherTech.

Originally Posted by Audios
I always found them slippery in customers cars. I go with OEM all weathers and love how perfect they fit. Youd be surprisd at how cheap they can be from the dealer, my gl was 88$ for a set of 4 rubber mats.

They're not slippery, unless you try to clean them with something like Meguiar's plastic surface cleaner - ask me how I know...

//

The only OEM Subaru all-weather mats I ever had wore out after six months. My boot wore through where the clutch was, and the mat was almost wearing through where the accelerator is.

I've had weathertech mats in my past three vehicles and they're awesome - worth every penny!

The floor "liners", with the full tray and lip? Absolutely worth it. I wouldn't buy any other kind again.

Last edited:
I had a set of the liners in my Mercedes ML for a number of years. They became sticky to the touch so I sent them a nice email asking what was up. I had no proof of purchase so they asked me for the numbers on the bottom. Turns out they had a poor quality batch of raw material and they sent me a new set free of charge. They have since started making their own raw materials. They really stand behind their products. Expensive so I wouldn't buy them for a car I was not going to keep.

I've had good success with Michelin all season mats. I got them for less than $30 at Costco a decade ago and after a quick hose down in the winter, they're good as new.

I got these MotorTrend mats for my Elantra and I'm liking them so far. Nice tight fit and the dirt and junk stays contained in the mat grooves.
[Linked Image]

They came with my car when I bought it. The fit isn't exactly that tight and even the labels that say Weathertech fell off after a few months. Otherwise I guess they're still holding up, I'd think I'd prefer a set of OEM rubber mats, but can't be bothered to switch them out at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back