Suction ATF change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Warstud
Does that fitting on the vac hose come with the Flo N Go ?

Yes it does, and concentric with it is a smaller inner ring to fit the next smaller vac hose. The only item I had to buy was a 10 ft long piece of 3/8 " OD plastic tubing which cost 5 bucks. The 10 ft of tubing gave me enough length to reach from the garage floor up over the vehicle fender, over to the tranny fill tube and down into the fill tube to the bottom of the tranny oil pan. The plastic tubing that came with it was only a few feet long.

Last edited:
I was always told sucking out the ATF Fluid is one of the worst things you can do.. Somthing about the valve body.. I remember Jiffy Lube used to have this fancy machine that they would connect to the tranny lines and it would suck out your ATF FLUID and put new ATF back in..

I remember them having all kinds of problems.. I even remember various Vehicle manufacturers advising aginst this way of chaning the ATF. They said do drain and refills or drop and pan.

You can probably see video on you tube about it.

Pulling out fluid via a vacuum tube is not a substitute for a pan drop. You should still do a pan drop once in a while to clean the magnet and put in a new filter. As for the vacuum method through the fill hole, there was zero disturbance of any sediment etc. The fluid coming out was dark but particle free.

This is a Bitgoer way of making sure the fluid is in the best condition between pan drops. Also, the vacuum can be used as part of the pan drop procedure. I enjoy those videos where the guy is on his back underneath the car while he washes his face with ATF cascading out of the tilting pan. Brilliant.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by David1
I was always told sucking out the ATF Fluid is one of the worst things you can do.. Somthing about the valve body.. I remember Jiffy Lube used to have this fancy machine that they would connect to the tranny lines and it would suck out your ATF FLUID and put new ATF back in..

I remember them having all kinds of problems.. I even remember various Vehicle manufacturers advising aginst this way of chaning the ATF. They said do drain and refills or drop and pan.

You can probably see video on you tube about it.

I don't buy into this it sounds like a dealer sponsored video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back