[Cut Open] Fram TG7317 - 1,948 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one had a short run, the OCI was shorter than normal and it was a pinch hitter for the failed MG101-7

Microgreen MG101-7 1783mi

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One complaint about he Fram filters I saw on youtube was where the cardbard end-cap meets the metal tube, there is no lip to glue to. Its just a but joint of a thin walled tube up to a nearly perfect fitting hole in the cardbard.

Has anyone seen separation issues there?

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
One complaint about he Fram filters I saw on youtube was where the cardbard end-cap meets the metal tube, there is no lip to glue to. Its just a but joint of a thin walled tube up to a nearly perfect fitting hole in the cardbard.

Once again (we have been around this merry-go-round multiple times over years) please explain in detail how it matters if the center tube does or does not match the end cap holes or if it is glued at all.

The compression marks from the seals of the ADBV and bypass valves are usually visible on the endcap, and you can clearly see it on this example.

I have had Fram ADBV's so firmly stuck to the endcap that removal ripped a few fibers away with it.

spankme2.gif

Originally Posted by KCJeep
The compression marks from the seals of the ADBV and bypass valves are usually visible on the endcap, and you can clearly see it on this example.

I have had Fram ADBV's so firmly stuck to the endcap that removal ripped a few fibers away with it.

Thats correct, good seal between the components. No problems here.

Originally Posted by sw99
Looks just fine to me and I would have no problems using those. Thanks for posting.

You're welcome, it looks good though it is very low mileage. No issues with these IMO.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
All complaints aside, thank you Robert for another great c&p
wink.gif

You're welcome Adam!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Great pics, thanks for the C&P!

You are welcome Max... Always glad to show them...

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Filter looks excellent. Oil is a bit dark - am I correct in assuming it was in the engine longer than 1,948 mi?

That is correct for the most part, the linked MG101-7 leaked to I replaced the filter and topped up the lost oil, so aside from the top up the oil had 1948 + 1783 = 3731 which is much less than usual OCI on this car.

As always filter media is drying out. I have an oil sample, but I'm debating if it is worth sending the UOA in light of the situation.

FWIW M1 5/30 EPHM went in with a HAMP filter.

Does look great Robert... And very good pictures has well. I looked at my old cut open 7317 just the other day... And it was perfect. Just like yours is here. Thank you for your work on here.

Fram claims it bonds better than to metal … I used TG for years and other makes use fiber end caps …
I never ran any past 7500 … but some have …

Here is the beloved ecore

50ADCB39-6CF3-4D59-92A7-5CA2E4A73513.jpeg

Last edited:

Youtube ? It must be the truth.The outside of the element is the higher pressure area.

Thanks for posting, Robert. I like the TG3614 for my John Deere lawn tractor. They are effective, readily available, and half the price of the smaller OEM filter.

You're welcome Astro_Guy...

I've got one more of these not sure when I will use it, maybe the next run on the Acura. I put a HAMP on the Acura this last time and also a HAMP shortie on the Civic. I got a lot of Honda filters to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back