Filter cost $1.97 + tax

If anybody knows how to post pics without link please do Thanks

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Looks pretty darn good
smile.gif

Thank You for pics
smile.gif

+1

You get these through RockAuto? I picked several dozen up from them that were Baldwin-built, Federated-branded for about $1 each a couple of years ago. I think they are great filters.
A little advice from me, perhaps. Without a filter cutter, it's hard to get a good cut to open them up. Use a good name-brand offset tin snips (these have the blades at about a 45° jaws on them) You can get these for less than $20 on sale.
Cut the filter on the seam, and have it cut the base plate and the shell at the same time, leaving no filings and the filter is open in less than 15 seconds. Just be careful, there will be sharp edges, but you'll have that no matter how you cut it open.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kruse
You get these through RockAuto?

I buy them at local Federated parts store,along with all my oil,they have great prices and nice people there.

Also will be cutting open a federated EXF extended life syn media filter on my Chevy 4.3 very soon,should be interesting

I just used my angle grinder and went to town,not the cleanest way to do it,but it got it open. Gotta invest in good snips soon

Looks pretty darn good
smile.gif

Thank You for pics
smile.gif

^^^^

I agree Captain. These PG filters are really well built. And not bad efficiency either... 96% at 25 microns.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Looks pretty darn good
smile.gif

Thank You for pics
smile.gif

^^^^

I agree Captain. These PG filters are really well built. And not bad efficiency either... 96% at 25 microns.

Good info. Who makes these filters and where did u get the efficiency numbers?

Premium Guard makes the Federated Auto filters. The efficiency I got from PGs own website. PG is a filter manufacturer for many other parts places.. including Federated Auto, AutoZone, Parts Plus and other places has well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kruse
…….I picked several dozen up from them that were Baldwin-built, Federated-branded for about $1 each a couple of years ago. I think they are great filters.....
Federated OF used to be made by Hastings (same filter) in the US. Hastings owned by Clarcor which also owned Baldwin, and now owned by Parker Hannifin. A couple years ago, Federated changed suppliers and they now made in China.

At ~3600 mi., unsurprisingly, filter looks fine. No filter integral bypass required for this application. Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back