Mobil 1 FS Differential fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I cannot seem to find the answer to this anywhere and was hoping someone would know the answer:

I have a 1999 mazda miata, I am fairly certain it has an open diff (non-LSD), I have only been able to find Mobil 1 LS 75W90, I am assuming the LS stands for limited slip. Is it a bad idea to put this in my differential or will it be ok? If its a bad idea, any recommendations on a good brand to go with? I have had some bad luck with Redline in the past. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by bobbyjoe
Hello Everyone,

I cannot seem to find the answer to this anywhere and was hoping someone would know the answer:

I have a 1999 mazda miata, I am fairly certain it has an open diff (non-LSD), I have only been able to find Mobil 1 LS 75W90, I am assuming the LS stands for limited slip. Is it a bad idea to put this in my differential or will it be ok? If its a bad idea, any recommendations on a good brand to go with? I have had some bad luck with Redline in the past. Thanks!!

Did you check Castrol Syntrax?

Get Delvac 1 for $32 a gallon at Summit Racing … think it's there for the Porsche crowd as much as 4 wheelers

I use it in Eaton G80 lockers

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Get Delvac 1 for $32 a gallon at Summit Racing … think it's there for the Porsche crowd as much as 4 wheelers

It's good stuff and reasonably priced!

To answer the OP, though:

An LS oil will not harm or otherwise negatively affect a non-LS diff.

10-4, RVW … up until 4 years ago I ran the M1 LS many years in the Eaton's
(sand, mud, dirt, and a heavy foot on the blacktop when needed) …

I trust the D1 enough to put in the Tahoe a few days back … and some just arrived for the Z71 …
(M1 or Chevron goes in the front) …

It'll be fine for your diff. This is from Mobil 1's website:

•Meet or exceed the highest level of performance requirements of many modern passenger vehicles - including limited slip applications

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I have and will continue to use Mobil 1 75w90 LS in non LS diffs.

And Transfer cases. It's one if not my most favorite.

Originally Posted by bobbyjoe
Hello Everyone,

Call 1-800-Ask- Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back