[Cut Open] - RusticShip fits Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they can say they tear less than Purolator filters
lol.gif

Touché. Amazon should pull the product and issue a recall before they get sued.

This is why I like to see 100 recent solid reviews before adding an item like this into a shopping cart.

Nice catch.
01.gif

I'm most concerned about the filter media. The media looks thin and the material doesn't look good. I wonder if it will even last in oil or under pressure.

Look at the spread of the pleats! It almost goes flat in one of the pictures. Also the ridiculous spread of the potting material on the end caps. It doesn't even look like there's any potting material under some of the pleats! The oil is going to pass right under them or rip the filter media off the potting material under pressure. In addition to the other problems this is quite possibly the most comically awful oil filter I have ever seen in my life. It almost looks like someone made it by hand.

I've seen made in China no-name oil filters that looked better than this.

Trying to copy the OEM Honda label with the same shape and color is just a con job for something this awful.

Originally Posted by NoNameJoe
I'm most concerned about the filter media. The media looks thin and the material doesn't look good. I wonder if it will even last in oil or under pressure.

Look at the spread of the pleats! It almost goes flat in one of the pictures.

When there's no valve in the bypass hole - just a wide open hole in the end cap - there won't be much delta-p across the media.
lol.gif

Today it seems that they are repriced to 100.00 (I'm guessing so no one will buy them), it that what y'all see...?

I did not expect them to be as bad as they actually are. Calling it an oil filter is not even factual... I sent them back so hopefully they are removed for Amazon.

BTW, I think the graphic of the cut open filters belongs to HandA, if you google image search you will find it with an HandA watermark where the white line is.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Today it seems that they are repriced to 100.00 (I'm guessing so no one will buy them), it that what y'all see...?

Yep ... $100. And yes, Amazon needs to be informed on how deceptive this seller is.

Capture.JPG

WOW that has to be the worst oil filter I have ever seen. I saw this filter on amazon a few months ago and posted it. I never did buy it.. However OH MY GOODNESS. I hope you didnt install one of them. Im not sure what the point of putting that on is? Is it for 100% FLOW and very little filtration? I mean i have seen oil filters for lawnmowing machines that are 1000 times better. I mean that crazy bad.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

thankyou2.gif

DuckRyder - fantastic job.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back