UOA 2018 Chevy Impala 2LT 3.6 DI LFX V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Long time follower first time posting. I recently got a UOA report on my DD. 2018 Chevy Impala LT 3.6 V6. I've owned the vehicle since June of this year I've mainly done all the oil changes on the vehicle and utilize OEM ACDelco PF63E oil filter. I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and mostly drive city and suburb stop/go and backroad. I am aware that these engines are hard on oil and fuel dillution comes with the territory. Hence why I went on a short OCI before considering a extended one. I'm hoping to try Vanila M1 and PP for the next couple of OCI and compare them side by side.

AC12F420-8B22-4CEE-9808-9803A6CF0032.jpeg

Nice report! I wouldn't worry about fuel dilution. My Ecoboost has always done that but I still run 10k intervals on Mobil 1 EP and have had no issues. I feel it is a good oil for my application because sometimes my wife is slow to get the oil changed. I always start reminding her around 8k. I'm confident that oil could go a little longer than 10k, if she gets too forgetful.

If that Ecoboost can do that with no problems, that GM 3.6 can do it even better, IMO.

Last edited:
Your eco shows a remanufactured 3.5 at 85k. What was the cause of that?

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Nice report! I wouldn't worry about fuel dilution. My Ecoboost has always done that but I still run 10k intervals on Mobil 1 EP and have had no issues. I feel it is a good oil for my application because sometimes my wife is slow to get the oil changed. I always start reminding her around 8k. I'm confident that oil could go a little longer than 10k, if she gets too forgetful.

If that Ecoboost can do that with no problems, that GM 3.6 can do it even better, IMO.

Your OLM on the dash will tell you to go only 7,500 miles (possibly less; it often just pegs to the hard upper limit of 7,500 miles or 1 year). With the soot that a DI engine creates, and the huge timing chains these V6 engines are infamous for, I wouldn't go past the OLM's 7,500 miles.

Regular silver bottle Mobil1 (not the Extended Performance or Annual Protection one) like you're planning on using later did the worst in a fleet study on two different engines. I wouldn't buy it with so many other choices out there. ( https://www.blackstone-labs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Aug-17-ENG.pdf )

Your choice of a AC-Delco PF63E isn't bad, yet you can improve filtering using a Wix or NAPAgold oil filter (based on 4548-12 performance, silicone ADBV, material in the media, high GM-recommended bypass pressure) instead of the AC-Delco.

I'd like to use Wix, M1, and Napa Gold filters in the future. The vehicle is still under warranty, hence why I use the ACD OEM filter. For any repercussions on the warranty. The farthest OCI I'll go would be 5k. I would also like to try other brands of oil that are D1G2 approved and compare them head-to-head on more UOA. For best NOACK results as well. If there's one thing I've observed on BITOG as a long time viewer is that Oil is cheap and engines are not.

Originally Posted by ChinoDolla88
I'd like to use Wix, M1, and Napa Gold filters in the future..
You aren't supposed to use the M1 oil filter since it has the wrong oil filer bypass pressure threshold ( reference: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...f48e-oil-filter-instead-of-pf64-pf48.pdf and lots of bitog discussion of it a while back)
For best NOACK results as well..
No other dexos1 oil I've ever seen beats Ravenol DXG 5W-30 at 6%. blauparts.com or amazon.com

Last edited:
Use any filter you like. I prefer Wix. If you are going to use M-1 products I recommend 0W20 regular M-1 and follow the OLM you will not stress Mobil One doing this.

Hello,

Long time follower first time posting. I recently got a UOA report on my DD. 2018 Chevy Impala LT 3.6 V6. I've owned the vehicle since June of this year I've mainly done all the oil changes on the vehicle and utilize OEM ACDelco PF63E oil filter. I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and mostly drive city and suburb stop/go and backroad. I am aware that these engines are hard on oil and fuel dillution comes with the territory. Hence why I went on a short OCI before considering a extended one. I'm hoping to try Vanila M1 and PP for the next couple of OCI and compare them side by side.

I am using Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 in my wife's 2017 3.6 Impala and so far so good. The engine runs real quiet and smooth with close to 30,000 kms on it. The PP is D1G2 but my wifes car only requires D1 as per the manual. Is your 18 the same or is it recommended to use D1G2?

Personally, while under warranty, I'd stick with the 5W-30 weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back