Thrift store oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Saw this interesting selection today at a local thrift store. There was also a Volvo 4 cylinder head and intake (!?).

filters.jpg

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
That's a great idea. I have some orphan oil filters I need to get rid of.

Yeah you are right about it being a very good idea.

I have donated my unused oil filters to a local store called The Restore. They get all kinds of stuff and resell it. Money from them goes to help Habitat for Humanity. I actually have about 6 oil filters I'm going to donate soon.. .

A Wix XP 57356, Purolator PureOne 14612, STP blue 6607, Mobil 1-110, Purolator Red 14610 and a STP Maxlife 6607.

I figure they could get some decent money for these filters..

I'm going to be running the Wix/Napa gold filters on my car and the wife's car.

Last edited:
I suspect those end up sitting on their shelves for quite some time.

I suspect those filters had sat in their previous owners garage for 20-30 years... And that these filter have built up enough dust from the air around them that their efficiency is already going to be 20% higher then what's on the box
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
I have donated my unused oil filters to a local store called The Restore. They get all kinds of stuff and resell it. Money from them goes to help Habitat for Humanity. I actually have about 6 oil filters I'm going to donate soon.

As an aside, we have a Restore here, too. It's a fantastic place, helping Habitat for Humanity and providing stable employment. I don't know if they take oil filters here, but anything is possible.
wink.gif

Mine certainly does..
smile.gif

They sell them because I saw some old hooptyfied Fram in there. I have brought them filters two times already. And obviously my filters are much higher quality. And the filters I have are also used for a number of outdoor power equipment applications has well.

Originally Posted by troutfisher
wow that is cool,I remember those sears trapper filters my dad used them on our suburban,never had a problem

Me too. Even the "dual" trappers.

The big question is how much were they?
I see the NG 3023 has a $1 tag, I would have brought them all up front and said $5 for all of them to clear shelf space, then cut them all open and posted here for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back