Jack Lalanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CourierDriver
If you were very young in the 50s you might have seen Jack on TV, he lived to be 95...and you just thought no one exercised back then..lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne

lots of stuff on Youtube on him..

I remember seeing him on our black & white small screen tv, boy I'm OLD
lol.gif

Whimsey

He was a genuine person. Not trying to sell any particular product, clothes, fad or anything like that. Just good ole exercise to keep the body in good shape.

His wife was in good shape too, along with the German Shepherd they had......... LOL All kidding aside he was in amazing shape and lived a long life.

I remember him doing exercises using a chair.
Seems like yesterday I seen him on tv selling juicer's with his wife.
Hard to believe he's been gone since 2011.

Wasn't Jack LaLanne one of the guys who established the cult of California beach strong men in San Diego? Along with Gold (of Gold's Gym) and other possibly famous guys.

It's not that he invented exercising. He was just there at the dawn of TV and California Car Culture.

He lived in Morro Bay, Calif. and had a local show with his wife on exercise when you're old. It was unrehearsed and it was like watching your grandparents argue about what to do.

There was a skit on Carroll Burnette about him last night. He said he hadn't exhaled in years. When he did, a balloon inflated from inside his shirt to make it look like he had a big gut.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
He was a genuine person. Not trying to sell any particular product, clothes, fad or anything like that. Just good ole exercise to keep the body in good shape.

He kept peddling his juicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back