Liquor for eggnog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious as to what is popular? I just tried Vanilla Crown and really liked it.

Originally Posted by Oro_O
Just ask Steve Martin and Paul Simon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyKfRv2vNds

Seriously, that's the definitive piece on liquor and egg nog. Wait until about 1:15 for the recipes.
Wow, I was a fairly big Steve Martin & SNL fan back in the day, and I have NEVER heard that one before!! "Laying some groundwork for the future"- SUPER LOL!!

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Jagermeister

37.gif

I would choose a "sweet" whiskey that has elements that compliment the custard notes in the eggnog. My choices might be, but are not limited to;

Maker's Mark
Larceny (bourbon)
WL Weller (bourbon)
Jack Daniel's
Bowman Brothers Pioneer Spirit (bourbon)
Irish whiskey (take your pick)
George Dickel No. 1 (white whiskey)
Mellow Corn (might be the best choice - sweet, very good, and CHEAP)

An inexpensive Speyside scotch whisky would work as well. Also, as stated earlier, just about any conventional (as opposed to agricole) rum would work nicely.

Originally Posted by StevieC
You can buy Egg Nog that has liquor in it already up here at our Liquor stores. I think it contains Brandy.

Didn't even think about brandy! That would also be a cheap, good combo - E&J, Christian Brothers, etc.

Originally Posted by dave123
Vodka it makes everything better.
Gaack!! likewise Ta-kill-yah. Appleton's or any dark rum, cognac, brandy etc is what I would use. Maybe Speyburn 10 yr old.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Wow, I was a fairly big Steve Martin & SNL fan back in the day, and I have NEVER heard that one before!! "Laying some groundwork for the future"- SUPER LOL!!

I think it was on SNL, so you had to be a big SNL fan in the early years to catch it. I don't think it was on any albums. Whoa -remember when comedy was packaged on albums!!

If they played that on SNL these days, I think liberal activists would burn down Rockefeller Center...

Originally Posted by andyd
Originally Posted by dave123
Vodka it makes everything better.
Gaack!! likewise Ta-kill-yah. Appleton's or any dark rum, cognac, brandy etc is what I would use. Maybe Speyburn 10 yr old.

You can get great tequila you just have to open up the pocket book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back