Snow blower headlight bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture

Screenshot_20181116-212223.png

I have no idea the candlepower or wattage from photo but I guess I would look for a 1156 or 1141 bulb and go from there in an LED listing in EBAY maybe

If that bulb runs off the magneto it could flicker with an LED since magneto power is "pulsey."

Originally Posted by eljefino
If that bulb runs off the magneto it could flicker with an LED since magneto power is "pulsey."

That's true.. didn't think that one out. Would need a rectifier

I have seen some newer snowblowers and lawnmowers using LED bulbs. Cub Cadet on the newer riding lawnmowers. Might try someplace that sells these as they may be the same bulbs. Home Depot and Lowes probably have them. If not try calling a Cub Dealer maybe.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Originally Posted by eljefino

That's true.. didn't think that one out. Would need a rectifier

There's a pulsing DC coming off magneto, an addition to a rectifier you need to add a filter/cap to smooth out the DC.

The magneto is probably matched to the load that the bulb provides. If you run a led bulb it will provide a much lighter load and draw significant smaller amount of current. With the lighter load the output voltage of the magneto will be significantly higher and that higher voltage will probably blow out the led bulb.

Yeah, most of the new snowblowers with lights on them have all gone to LED light bars. I'm assuming what ever diodes and resisters needed are integrated into the light and the engine portion remains the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back