Sprinkler wiring broke inside the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously I had a post about water main slow leak, and I finally got a plumber to have a section of it replaced with L copper. Every plumber around here told me PVC only last about 15 years in the ground before they becomes brittle, so everyone goes back to L copper for water main.

Long story short during the digging I think I (not the plumber) accidentally broke the sprinkler solenoid wiring that goes from the garage (where the timer is) or the backyard (where the old disabled timer is) to the front yard. By the length of the loose wiring on the front yard I think somehow a shovel hit it and "yank" it off a connection from inside the exterior or a conduit somewhere.

Has anyone ever successfully "fish" a loose end out of the bottom "opening" of the exterior stucco wall or do people running sprinkler wire have to open up some garage sheet rock to get them connected? If I do not want to fish out the old wiring can I run a new wire from the timer, and then drill it through the wall and poke it out? Or should I go "around" the house perimeter to reach the sprinkler solenoid? (that'll take probably 100').

Last edited:
Found the wire. Looks like the broken part is not long enough to be exposed above ground. I have the option of splicing it back together with gel cap or King Safety direct bury nuts. Has anyone tried and can give recommendation?

I'd splice it and make a mental note that if it stops working to check that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back