Using Honda wiper refills in a Hyundai

Status
Not open for further replies.
The factory wiper blades sucked in my Elantra. I'm not sure if I just got duds but they streaked from day one. I ended up swapping them out with Trico Teflon Shields off Rock Auto, which are much better.

The OEM wipers (16 & 26 in ) are conventional style with refills available from Hyundai. I don't want to buy their junk refills (made from some company called KWC - Korea Wiper Blade Co). I looked at the design and the blade elements slide out and lock into place similar to Honda blades. I know Honda NWB refills will be much better quality than the OEM junk.

Does anyone know if Honda refills will fit?

I really wish Denso Designer Hybrids were available for this car. I have them on both my Hondas and they are hands down the best wipers I've ever used.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the refills. I only buy the complete blade assembly. In fact, the Hyundai/KIA branded replacement blades beat any of the aftermarket stuff out there. The Hyundai/KIA branded replacement blades are made by Valeo.

I buy the Costco blades. In the fall they are 2 for 1. But they are like $7 each anyway.
Our TSX is the same as as Honda and I am 99% sure will replace your Hyundai assembly.
Good luck.

The wiper blades on my 2017 Elantra were great for about two years. Replaced with Anco AreoVantage for about $9 at Rock Auto. They are performing fine. I was thinking it would be nice to put Honda refills in the original wiper assembly, but did not know it was possible? I think you have to buy the Honda assembly first.
Honda Fit Wiper Mod

KWC is a Denso/NWB affiliate. Toyota refills in theory should work.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Hyundai Kia sources Valeo too.

Aren't the Denso designers available for your Elantra? Does it have the regular J-hook wiper arms?
smile.gif

If so, you can use these part numbers with no problem:
160-3116
160-3126
Amazon has both sizes in stock.Rock Auto also has them if you search by part number

Even if they don't work for you for some reason, there is nothing wrong with the Tricos that you bought for your car. Trico makes good wipers
thumbsup2.gif

What's a Honda nwb refill?

Honda refills for the van and accord are different one to the other, and different from standard refills. And the Honda OE refills don't last as long.

On all my other vehicles I have PIAA silicone refills and they last forever.

If your vehicle can take a standard profile squeegee, get PIAA refills.

+1 on PIAA. Just switched to them from Honda refills. Honda refills are good for 9-12 mo where we live in Michigan. It's a lot less in sunnier places.They last longer, like Bosch Icon, and are cheaper because you can buy the blades for $20-$25 depending on length, and refills for $7-8 (about the same as honda refills).

You'd have to purchase the Honda blades because the Honda refills are the rubber portion only , the metal insert mount is not included.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 Elantra and the first thing I did was pulled the wiper rubbers out and replaced them with PIAA silicon refills.. PIAA silicon based rubber refills are outstanding!..

Originally Posted by mclasser
The factory wiper blades sucked in my Elantra. I'm not sure if I just got duds but they streaked from day one. I ended up swapping them out with Trico Teflon Shields off Rock Auto, which are much better.

The OEM wipers (16 & 26 in ) are conventional style with refills available from Hyundai. I don't want to buy their junk refills (made from some company called KWC - Korea Wiper Blade Co). I looked at the design and the blade elements slide out and lock into place similar to Honda blades. I know Honda NWB refills will be much better quality than the OEM junk.

Does anyone know if Honda refills will fit?

I really wish Denso Designer Hybrids were available for this car. I have them on both my Hondas and they are hands down the best wipers I've ever used.

Your going to laugh at me but I purchased blade refills (just the rubber) off of Ebay. They came directly from China. Put them on in August on both cars and so far, they have been great. The kicker....about $2.00 per wiper. Even if they last just a year I am still ahead. Now I just stock a set waiting for the inevitable tear of the wipers.

Originally Posted by philipp10
Your going to laugh at me but I purchased blade refills (just the rubber) off of Ebay. They came directly from China. Put them on in August on both cars and so far, they have been great. The kicker....about $2.00 per wiper. Even if they last just a year I am still ahead. Now I just stock a set waiting for the inevitable tear of the wipers.

I do the same thing except I purchase silicone inserts, generally from Malaysia. They cost about $8.00 per pair. They have worked very well for me and last at least twice as long as natural rubber. I say "at least" because mine are still working well after more than two years. My experience has been that the OEM blade frames beat aftermarket every time. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back