87 4Runner UOA 1255 mi Delo 15w30 SD with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sample was taken 1255.4 miles into a run of unknown length as it coincided with the installation of an Ed Greany Frantz Oil Refiner bypass system using a Scott 1000 TP roll as a filter element. Oil is still in service and my plans are to pull another sample once the bypass canister isn't warm anymore, change the bypass filter, top off and keep running and repeat as long as the samples support continued use. This sample was taken after the bypass filter was installed and the system topped off (0.75 quarts) but before driving the vehicle, total run time with the filter installed was about 5 min or less. The main purpose of this sample was to establish a baseline PC, not to evaluate the condition of the oil which at the time of the sample had 1255 miles on it. Vehicle at the time of sample had 341252 miles on it, oil is Delo 400 15w30 SD, full flow filter is a Fram TG8316 that I plan to run for 10k, change and top off the oil and again continue running as long as UOA support.

Enjoy, again further details are over in the bypass section of the filter install.

4Runner PC 341252 before bypass.jpg

Since it's hard to read the PC data in the picture here it is...

ISO 23/22/13

4um 47616
6um 22074
10um 768
14um 46
21um 11
38um 2

Originally Posted by dave1251
Nice set-up it will allow less full OCI's in the future.

Thanks, the filter setup was fun to install. I enjoy tinkering with projects like that. On a used oil analysis front I am impressed with the service I received from SOS. I purchased the kit off of eBay for about $10 and the results posted only four days after the sample arrived at the lab. I basically got a full used oil analysis with the exception of TBN for 10 bucks and it included a particle count. That represents a pretty significant value over using Blackstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back