PRINTER INK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a CANON PIXMA MG6820 printer that is a nice printer. Canon ink is expensive and wonder if anyone uses a less expensive second party ink supplier that they use and could recommend? Ed Hayes

When I had a Canon Pixma, I bought mine at Cartridge World. It's just as good and cheaper than Canon ink. I was kind of glad when my wife destroyed the Canon printer. I now have an HP Envy and I still buy my ink at Cartridge World.

My father inlaw has a Canon printer and he has tried economy cartridges and had issues so now he buys Cannon ink from Coscto when it's on sale and stocks up. I'm not saying all printers have this problem but his 2 cannons did.

Ink is more expensive than gold, google it. Yes, I have only used the cheap stuff (technically the cheap stuff is dye, not ink) for decades but I do not print pictures. Those go to Walgreens and are printed on those expensive machines with the best inks.

Costco has a refill program, I think several of the office supply stores do also and they may use ink, not dye.

I go by Goodwill Computer Works...

This is a Goodwill specialty store, dedicated to computer parts...

My last visit, with list of cartridges in hand, yielded 17 unopened name brand Epson cartridges for $50...

No black ink though....

Normal retail is $12.50 to $15.00 each...

They also recycle old computer equipment...

According to CU, My CANON printer is one of the better printers with respect to ink usage and much better than my previous HPs. I would like to fine another source for good ink though. I will look in to CARTRIDGE World. I found the comment about ink vs dye interesting. Thank you. Ed

Last edited:
the question you have to ask is how often do you print color. if you just print b&w get a laser. if you print photos i would say its less to have them done at costco or target.if you do a lot of color paper buy a color laser printer

I ask about printer ink and have no interest in changing my printer. I do high lite some text in color but, very infrequently try color photos. Ed

Originally Posted by Eddie
I ask about printer ink and have no interest in changing my printer. I do high lite some text in color but, very infrequently try color photos. Ed

I just buy what ever cheap multipack of ink fits off eBay.

Usually $1-2 bucks a cart

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073BMRPCP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Canon printer and found this ink for my model on the above amazon link. So far these ink cartridges have worked perfectly and I can't tell the difference between Canon factory ink cartridges and these. Granted, I don't print a lot anymore but I've still got over half the ink from this purchase after two years sitting in my filing cabinet. May be worth a look to see if they carry your model's ink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back