[Cut Open] - RusticShip fits Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not call this a 15400-PLM-A01 because it isn't even close.

In fact having cut open many oil filters, this is without question the sorriest excuse for one I have run across, these are being sold on amazon using an advertisement that seems carefully crafted to make you believe that you are somehow getting an A01 with someone else's name on it.

[Linked Image]

Nice presentation

[Linked Image]

Nice presentation, parts label design looks Honda like

[Linked Image]

Upon closer inspection, marking and paint is poor quality and the shrink wrap is more twisted and tucked in than actually shrunk.

[Linked Image]

Humm, color not the same, height not the same, gasket different.

[Linked Image]

Tapping plate not the same.

[Linked Image]

ADBV is nothing more than a piece of red rubber or silicone... element is tiny... well you can see...

Rust and Chip perhaps … This is one of two I got by mistake … an FL500s wanna be … well the media seemed tougher than Puro and had base end PRV … so-so nitrile ADV …

3644809F-4DE6-49EA-8D94-D7BC0410AED4.jpeg

So in summary, one of those 'going to make it look like the OEM oil filter using similar packaging, labeling including part #, and paint color.' When in reality it's nothing more than knockoff garbage (being kind). Appears they had to make the coil compression spring extra long to take up the can space, no thread end bypass.

As an aside some deja vu here for me. ~5 years ago another filter the Ultra8/Nippon was brought to the board and presented as Honda OEM. Ultimately that claim was proven inaccurate but not until after much wasted bandwidth. I will say the Ultra 8 element and construction looked better than this one, but it too not OEM. I digress.

I'm now thinking more appropriate name for this brand should be Rustic Shi_, replace the p.
55.gif

Thanks for c&p.

It actually gets worse, it does not have a bypass valve. It looks like it does if you look into the threaded opening because it does have the typical bypass valve retainer welded in, but there is no spring and valve... so its constantly in bypass...
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

It did come with a very nice letter "from our family to yours" asking you to contact them before leaving feedback (wonder why that would be)

Holy s__t thats bad. Even the cheap Chinese filters put that to shame. I thought it was a clone that probably was made average to slightly above but its worse than any economy filter I have cut open.

Thanks for the C+P. Have you uploaded the pictures to amazon and left a review yet?

Originally Posted by Jimzz
...Have you uploaded the pictures to amazon and left a review yet?

You can bet I did.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
It actually gets worse, it does not have a bypass valve. It looks like it does if you look into the threaded opening because it does have the typical bypass valve retainer welded in, but there is no spring and valve... so its constantly in bypass...
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

It did come with a very nice letter "from our family to yours" asking you to contact them before leaving feedback (wonder why that would be)

What a sorry looking filter.
There selling slogan should be if you have dirt in your engine, in 5000 miles you'll have even more dirt in your engine.

Thanks for the C&P.

This sort of thing really makes me mad.

I've submitted a review, feedback, a complaint about the description and a refund request. Of course they want me to ship them back.

I'm actually considering sending them to Honda and the FTC with a copy of the listing and paying the $27.00 for them. If I actually knew they would get to the right person at Honda and something would be done I would absolutely do that.

Here is the listing BTW

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YWQBSM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Speaking of counterfeit filters somehow reminded me of the old Toyota/Denso Japan filters that had the foam element. I searched around on eBay for them and ran across this:

eBay Listing

That doesn't look legit even though I know Denso has moved the First Time Fit production to China.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
crazy2.gif

[Linked Image]

That's the design used so they can claim "low restriction".
lol.gif

Thanks for the interesting C&P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back