Recommedation for .45ACP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CCI
I like SIG, those look good, I understand striker fired has its place, and I see why some people have a well-reasoned preference for them. In this particular case, the DA/SA is a highly desirable feature, eclipsed by the ability to de-cock. If getting the first shot off in a timely manner were the only consideration I'd be more favorably inclined toward striker-fired, but there is a safety consideration here as well that I need to be mindful of. Being able to de-cock with a round in the chamber is pretty important in this case.

You may be mixing models. I noted (to which you responded above), the P250, which is not striker fired, it is hammer fired DAO.

Which some may not like for other reasons, but wanted to clarify.

Many parts are interchangeable with the p320, but the 250 is not striker fired. The trigger weight acts as a safety, in lieu of a safety.

But I get the desire to have safety and decock. HK45 meets those for my money.

Though based upon having an S&W 5946 (9mm); Astro's recommendation is a fine idea too. I love mine and would love a 45 version.

Originally Posted by CCI
Looking for recommendations on a .45ACP to meet specific criteria.

Light weight preferable
DA/SA is essential
Feeds critical defense/hollow point ammo reliably
Likely to fit smaller hands well
Highly reliable under severe environmental conditions

Any thoughts?

Other than small hands, sounds like a job for the H&K USP.

Someone said Sig P220; the P220 Carry I bought for my wife is not light weight. It's also not as reliable as my USP.

My $0.02

edit: never mind ... see you already have a 220 and have decided on a 227 ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jstert
well, my out of the box suggestion is single action only: a ruger blackhawk convertible revolver with cylinders in 45lc and 45acp. built like a brick outhouse. politicaly correct in any locale. no magazines to lose. goes bang every time with any flavor of ammo. 45lc is a thumping hoot, 45acp is cheap fun. old school: "an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Yes !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back