Any specs on fcw oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to find specs on all this new fangled fcw oil i.e. Mercury, yamaha etc.
Found some on Mystik and of course hdeo's
Can anyone else find it?
I mean if its so [censored] great....
Makes me not want to buy it.

Yes that's the list.
Not specs on the individual oils.
(unless there is individual specs of the different oils on there which I can't find)
Thanks though.

Originally Posted by mickeeand
Yes that's the list.
Not specs on the individual oils.
(unless there is individual specs of the different oils on there which I can't find)
Thanks though.

The tests they have to pass are in pdf at the site linked above. HTHS of at least 3.3, etc.

In years past I have posted uoa's of
1. the old formula mercury 25w-40 before use
2. Mercury 25w-40 after use
3. Amsoil 10w-40 marine after use
4. Delo LE 15w-40 old formula after use

They all produced similar results.

Somewhere on here is an analysis of Mercury 25w-40 that is catalyst compatible. The zinc was around 800. I have 3 gallons left and will not be buying any more. I will make sure the oil I buy is not catalyst compatible or use an HDEO 15w-40 that is still high in zinc.

Thank you sweezy, finally.
Read all your posts on boat/pwc oil analysis. I appreciate your work and specs on the oil.
I am finding that hdeo are going ck-4 which lowers the antiwear additives. any concern nowadays?
Anyway, the main thing I was concerned about is the fcw specs (which I have read and comprehend via the website and white papers).
I have a wide variety of oils available to me so I'm good either way hdeo or fcw will work in my new outboard I will be receiving soon.
Probably going to go with a 15/40 cj4 rate/ SL or 10/30 same or close. IF I can find any like that nowadays.

Last edited:
What kind of outboard?

If you do some research, you will also find Yamalube VOAs and UOAs posted on here. You will also find that at least Yamaha does not like too much ZDDP in its outboards (I forget why), as they feel it leads to long term problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back