Posting Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ls973800
OK, the pictures are showing up correctly now! No need to click anything because just the pictures are there now.

Glad it's fixed - sorry about that - details details details....

Just figured it out...

[Linked Image]

I don't get it. How do I see a preview of what pictures I want and text before I click post reply?

When I click preview, there is nothing there if I just use the picture uploader and file caption.

Basically shooting in the dark with non-working preview. Then I have to edit the post if something is misspelled or whatever, or I want to change the spacing between the text and pictures. Seems to me a long about way to do a simple thing like post pictures.

Maybe it's just on my end using Google chrome desktop. Heck I don't know with all the changes going on. Just saying what I am seeing on my end.

Photo Upload Test.

Conclusion - when I go back into Edit Mode, there is still no link text to the photos (like there use to be with the old system), therefore I can not nest the photos within a bunch of text.

All I can do it put a title below the photos. I can not move the photos anywhere inside my post text like we use to be able to do. In other words, there is no way for me while editing this post to place text (beside the photo "title") below the photos. The photos (now with a title below them) are automatically forced to the bottom of the post, and in Preview Mode they still don't show up. You have to submit the post in order to see them.

No Name Filter that Beat the Ultra.JPG

Fram Ultra PC.JPG

Originally Posted by BigD1
I don't get it. How do I see a preview of what pictures I want and text before I click post reply?

When I click preview, there is nothing there if I just use the picture uploader and file caption.

Basically shooting in the dark with non-working preview. Then I have to edit the post if something is misspelled or whatever, or I want to change the spacing between the text and pictures. Seems to me a long about way to do a simple thing like post pictures.

Maybe it's just on my end using Google chrome desktop. Heck I don't know with all the changes going on. Just saying what I am seeing on my end.

I've tried with both Firefox and Google Chrome, and I'm seeing the same thing you are in both browsers ... not difference dependent on the browser.

Originally Posted by SHOZ
I don't see anyway to load a online image. Do all pictures need to be uploaded?
Click "Use Full Editor" below the Reply box, and then choose the 9th icon from the left to insert external image URL.

Or just manually type the standard UBB image tags around your image URL

Originally Posted by Colt45ws
Yes I have noticed this odd behavior. I agree its worse off than the other software. Im not sure why you would design it this way.

This is very likely not a home grown product my guess is its a canned offering off the shelf. They will get the bugs worked out and options reset in time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Colt45ws
Yes I have noticed this odd behavior. I agree its worse off than the other software. Im not sure why you would design it this way.

This is very likely not a home grown product my guess is its a canned offering off the shelf. They will get the bugs worked out and options reset in time.

Oh Im aware its off the shelf. Im still not sure why the people responsible would do it this way reguardless.

So any update on this?

I just loaded a bunch of pics of filters I cut.
To get the post to look correct (photos with captions above (not below) them, text between them, add videos between them and then type more text below it) I had to load them all in a test thread (4 posts total), then use those pic links in the actual posts. Takes a whole lot longer than before.

We need to be able to post more than 8 pics per post, be able to view the photos before posting, be able to move the placement of photos within a post, be able to type and correct text with each photo.

All this was possible in the previous version, but is not available now.

Just a huge annoyance that somebody had to add this "feature" to the forum software for some unknown reason that really hinders posting.

Preface this by saying not trying to pile on here but haven't posted pics since new format and noticed some things trying to yesterday. Using the in house pic uploader, I can't see the pics when I try to preview the post. Nor can I see them when I quote posts with pics from in house uploader. Tried on Edge browser and Chrome, same. Am I missing something or is this standard/normal now? The previous in house pic uploader allowed all those options.

I have an imgur account and noticed I can still preview pics in a post just as I have in the past and see pics in quoted posts that didn't use the in house uploader. Unless I'm missing something, at this point looks I'll go with them to post pics.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Preface this by saying not trying to pile on here but haven't posted pics since new format and noticed some things trying to yesterday. Using the in house pic uploader, I can't see the pics when I try to preview the post. Nor can I see them when I quote posts with pics from in house uploader. Tried on Edge browser and Chrome, same. Am I missing something or is this standard/normal now? The previous in house pic uploader allowed all those options.

Yep, that's how it works now. regardless of what browser is used. The old system was much better for uploading photos hosted by BITOG.

It's not a matter if you can or can't upload and post photos ... it's how it's done now compared to the old system.

You can not embed photos within text anymore because there is no link associated with the photo. And you can't see your photos in "Preview Reply", and when you quote someone's post with photos they will not show up in the quote. All of that use to work with the old system, but doesn't with the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back