Ever had heated or cooled seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife's Sebring has heated seats. Got to say I love them. Helps on a cold winter day and when your back is a little sore.

Our Fords have 3 levels of heating. The top level feels like it could cook an egg. I start out on 2 for a couple of minutes, but even that is too hot for me and I lower down to 1.

Heated seats are awesome
smile.gif

Oh, yeah. Love the heated seats. Had cooled seats in a Mustang rental. That was pretty nice, too!

You must have the limited or v6 sebring. I had a car that had them but I don't think they worked, or it never got cold enough in Fl to feel it.

The cars that I had with heated seats, I never used them. I just dont like the sensation I guess.

The Charger has heated and cooled seats.

I had Heated/Cooled seats in the Highlander. The cooler in that model is just the fan blowing air at the bottom of the seat and not true cooling.

In the Caravan I have heated seats and I've used them already. AMAZING on the bad back I have.

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
Our Fords have 3 levels of heating. The top level feels like it could cook an egg. I start out on 2 for a couple of minutes, but even that is too hot for me and I lower down to 1.

On my Mercedes, it just has heated seats. It has 3 levels and it automatically drops down to level 2 and then level 1 after a few minutes and then shuts off completely. Sometimes annoying on really cold days, you have to keep hitting it. But I guess having a timer makes it fancier than those without it. The dynamic seats are fun too, the side bolsters come on when making a turn and there's also a massage function.

Didn't realize I needed heated seats until I had them. I usually use them to just to heat the seat up and then turn it off.

Our Edge has heated/cooled seats (which get really toasty and frigid respectively) and a heated steering wheel. I'm sure that will be a need soon.

I love the "butt warmers" in my seats. Fills the gap until the engine makes enough heat.

When I got this car, I thought those were awesome, then there's folks at work started talking about how awesome the heated steering wheels were in their caravans, and how they won't buy without one anymore...

Heated seats are nice.
Our newer Forester has them as does my old BMW.
To the guy with the old Benz, the heaters are electric and probably shut down to prevent excessive draw on the electrical system.
We don't have this problem with either the newer Forester or the old BMW.
Maybe Mercedes cheaped out a bit on the alternator in your car?

I love heated seats; my 2 Series and Clubman have them. I also like the heated steering wheel on the 2er.

Heated steering wheel is nice,

Poor circulation (disease) runs in the family. I'm not bad yet but when I'm cold at all my hands and feet are total ice cubes.

Heated wheel (heats to 100f? within 90s)? feels so good in winter or that 34f rainy day.

They make a cold morning better or sore back feel better. My current Subaru seems to have a steering wheel that's always too cold or too hot. My previous Outbacks wheel didn't seem so extreme.

Boy I got to get out more. Did not know they made cooking seats. Next thing you guys will be saying is car now have fuel injection. Yea That's not happening any time soon
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Zee09
On a hybrid they are a must.
Run them and not the hvac system.
Saves big mpg's and no waiting for hardly any heat

This. Having heated CLOTH seats is a huge bonus for preserving battery life in the winter. The seat heater uses about 150 watts, versus about 6 kilowatts for the electric coolant heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back