STP air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought one for my car (6479) and, it is better than the fram IMO.. the fram is good, but the super tech has a taller sealing gasket... just built a little heavier etc. etc.
but the fram is still pretty good, but ill give the upper hand to STP.(from autozone)

hey i think ill check those out. though i cannot tell the differnce within all the filters, a heavier filter to me is better and is more durable...right now i use a fram and i really want to change it to some other brand...how much over fram u paid?

I like the Purolator over the STP only because the Purolator has the mesh screen backing which supports the filter better. On the longer air filters the STP just flops and has no strength when held out however, it may filter as well once installed..

my STP had wire mesh, and was 4.99, the fram was either the same or a dollar more...

cheap filter and good quality...i checked it out today, well good quality by eye...its not just cardboard, it looks more like cloth to me. the material is near a OEM honda accord 98-2002 air filter material. i like it and all is around 4 or 6 bucks...fram is from 4-13 bucks leaving mine at 9 dollars!! ill try it ne way...ill do my little test of oil and dirt by wiping away dirt in the intake pipe and checking it every week to see if there is alot of dirt...i like to try out napa golds filter to

humm good question...never thought of that...though hondas oem looks like fram but green for my car. the newwer hondas look like stp...ill buy one and compare

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
humm good question...never thought of that...though hondas oem looks like fram but green for my car. the newwer hondas look like stp...ill buy one and compare

Drifter, the Honda OEM air filters that I have purchased are made by Toyo Roki in Japan. These are the same folks that make the Japanese OEM Honda filter that everyone wants. -Joe

STP filter for Ford Zetec, looks high quality. Made in UK.100 quality pleats compared to 68 for Motorcrtaft (stock). Motorcraft did do a great job filtering. Inside of air box full of dirt....filter dirty on inside, but clean on
throttle body side. Just looking for something as good or better, for less.

I picked up an STP today. A lot of pleats. Hopefully it will work well.

The STP filter I bought for my wife's Honda did not have a wire mesh screen, but it had 2 strips of glue that held the paper pleats together...

STP are pretty decent quality air filters for little $$$

[ April 21, 2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
The STP filter I bought for my wife's Honda did not have a wire mesh screen, but it had 2 strips of glue that held the paper pleats together...

Same here.
The mesh screen is the OEM design, but the strip(s) work equally well as in this $5 STP.
It is a U.K sourced STP rebranded filter that looks to be made by Mann.

-

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back