Valvoline Synpower milky

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sienna takes 6qts so I used 1 qt I had left over of Synpower left over from a 5 qt jug from 6 months ago. Cap was tight. I poured in 5 qt of PPPP and it looked clear going in. When I poured in the synpower it looked slightly milky like it was full of tiny air bubbles.

Anyone else have experience with this or know what may have caused it?

It was dark in the garage when I poured it in and had a flashlight shining through the flow for both jugs. 0w20 was the weight for both.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Perfectly normal. I have used Synpower for the last 10 years and they all look exactly like that during pouring.

Really?
I just poured a jug of 5w-30 Synpower into my mom's engine today and it was nice and clear, and I ever shook it up a bit just before pouring.

I've used Synpower and also Durablend/Maxlife that came out.....i wouldn't say milky but cloudy, i would imagine it was just a little bit of settling from sitting on the shelf for awhile.

Seemed to be the norm after using it several times, never any issues with it.

The OP said "it looked slightly milky like it was full of tiny air bubbles". Lets not bog down in semantics. The OP took a casual glance. Synpower is light colored and could could appear "slightly milky" with ambient lighting and possibly tiny air bubbles entrained. Zero concerns.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by userfriendly
Could be the dog slobber

lol.gif

Lets not start another perposterous rumor here. We have had too much "Pennzoil is full of wax" and "Royal Purple is a junk oil" and the like. Synpower is an excellent oil and is NOT really "milky". Voicing crazy ideas and can damage credibility.

Last edited:
Valvoline is a very good oil. Few days ago was a little more expensive than M1 EP and $2 or $3 more than PP! They must sell if they are more than M1 and Pennzoil Platinum!
For 5 qt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input folks.

Yes by milk I didn't mean like watered up lower unit oil or head gasket leak milky. I meant more cloudy. The PPPP was water clear with a yellow tint. The qt of synpower also had a yellow tint but it was cloudy.

I was shining a flash light through the stream of oil while pouring into the funnel which I don't recall ever doing before so that may have highlighted the differences. I may have given the synpower a gentle shake but not a shake-n-bake shake before pouring.

looked kind of like the neck of this bottle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Olive_oil_from_Oneglia.jpg

than like this.

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/st...liquid-on-white-background-215800384.jpg

subtle but noticable.

Anywho. I'm leaving it in there. Just curious as to the clarity differences.

Last edited:
Almost certainly caused by tiny particles of Calcium Carbonate, originating from overbased detergent that hasn't been perfectly filtered. For some AddCo's, this is par for the course. Almost all of the oil's I had a hand in formulating looked like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back