Hatred for Ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second time - all fuel blended ethanol used in Hawaii was imported from either the US Mainland or Caribbean, there was never a fuels ethanol plant in Hawaii - ever, as I previously posted, and unlikely one will ever be built and comissioned in Hawaii. The new renewable diesel plant in Hawaii is inder skeptical scrutiny by eco-fols as I previously posted.

So with no such production facilities ever existing in Hawaii, how do you assert sugar cane as the likely source for fuel blended ethanol in Hawaii Tired Trucker?

2 months ago, I added 15 "fresh" gallons of gas to a boat gas tank that had 15 gallons of fuel that sat for 2.5 years. It also had a random dose of tcw3 during the sit.

The boat fired up and idled like if it never even sat.

The fuel going through the glass fuel filter is a lot darker then fresh gas out of the pump, but, it burnt no differently then the gas I added.

I'm not afraid of the future.

Originally Posted by leroyd92
2 months ago, I added 15 "fresh" gallons of gas to a boat gas tank that had 15 gallons of fuel that sat for 2.5 years. It also had a random dose of tcw3 during the sit.

The boat fired up and idled like if it never even sat.

The fuel going through the glass fuel filter is a lot darker then fresh gas out of the pump, but, it burnt no differently then the gas I added.

I'm not afraid of the future.

We've taken the boat out 6 times, and never experienced a hick up.

Originally Posted by jhellwig
Originally Posted by Nyogtha
It would typically be anhydrous 99% purity monimum before adding debaturant, which is typically natural gasoline (condensate, "drip", white lightning of the gasoline world) for ethanol destined for gasoline blending. However I'm unaware of snt ethanol tank, barge, railcar, truck trailer, etc. gas blanketing for ethanol used in gasoline nlending, same as for gasoline itself whether blended with ethanol or not.

There have been papets on using ethanol purified simply by distillayion used in gasoline blending, but they miss the main negative issues such as phase seperation from what I saw.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fieldt...ydrous-ethanol-in-gasoline-blending/amp/

The ethers used in gasoline blending are not anhydrous but aren't subject to phase seperation, such as MTBE, ETBE, & TAME.

It is more pure than 99%. I don't remember the numbers from when I worked on instrumentation in an ethanol plant but I think before the mol sieves it was over 95% and after was way higher than 99%. The final product proof meter I think only had a .3% span on it. It is stored in tanks with floating roof in plants and larger terminals so there is almost no air contact on it.

There is a spec out there on what percentage the denatureant has to be but I think it might be below 1%

1.96% minimum. ASTM D4806.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back