FRAM COR10060TLE (Cut Open)

Ran for 5K miles on the wife's Jeep Renegade with Idemitsu 0W-20 and replaced with the same oil and a regular FRAM PH10060 oil filter. Bought it as a bulk 12 pack Ebay special. Seems pretty decent for a Ecore style filter with nice pleat spacing and the fiber end caps were firmly in place.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's one, if not the best orange can FRAM oil filters I've seen in some time.
I have seen the FRAM Core in bulk(case) but I just don't know anything about'em.
The media looks much better than the standard OCOD.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice to see something different. Looks like a Champ Lab ecore filter made for Fram, maybe during their partnership. Real nice one, combo bypass/adbv and all.

Originally Posted by Char Baby

I have seen the FRAM Core in bulk(case) but I just don't know anything about'em.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
TLE means Walmart filter right?

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by maxdustington
TLE means Walmart filter right?

Yup, Tire and Lube Express

Yeah, this is where I saw'em too, just not in my size.
smile.gif

Were not these a result of the short Marriage of Fram and Champion Labs under Rank Group / Fram Filtration. They are actually Champion made filters. (BTW they'll give you like a $2.10 credit toward another filter if you're having your oil changed there) and didn't they clearance them off when the Fram/Champion divorce was final?

What are they running now? They are black now right?

Someone would need to decipher the date code, but unless I'm mistaken, that would be an older Champ TLE filter. I'm pretty sure they have gone back to using Fram made filters again.

Ran for 5K miles on the wife's Jeep Renegade with Idemitsu 0W-20 and replaced with the same oil and a regular FRAM PH10060 oil filter. Bought it as a bulk 12 pack Ebay special. Seems pretty decent for a Ecore style filter with nice pleat spacing and the fiber end caps were firmly in place.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oil looks real good for 5k. Nice photos also 👍🍻

..Looks like a base supertech design.
That's because it's an original Champ Labs made 'ecore' filter, with polyester endcaps, combo valve. and the auxiliary baseplate. Also likely how term "Core" got it's name. As noted, came from the first and brief alliance of Fram and Champ under Rank Group. Before Rank quickly dropped Champ Labs when it filed for bankruptcy protection.

As an aside, these were intended only for use in the WM TLE (now ACC). But as OP shows, they ended up being sold at on ebay and even some WM stores.

Last edited:
Back