Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W-30 (C2/C3, 229.52) [USA], WV Jetta 1.4 TSI, 12000 km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil: Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W-30 (C2/C3, 229.52)
34.gif

Unit: WV JETTA 2012
Engine: 1.4 TSI CAXA
Chip: no
Time on car: 120 000 km
Time on oil: 12 000 km
Oil quantity 4L
Oil added: no
Time: 10.2017-08.2018
Region: Moscom
Fuel: BP 95
50% city, 50% high way

Oil is dead ))
Need decrease interval to 10.000 km

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
How in the world did Phosphorous and Zinc increase between VOA and UOA?

I like the way the report has a column for % changed.

Ray

Originally Posted by Gubkin
Originally Posted by RayCJ
How in the world did Phosphorous and Zinc increase between VOA and UOA?Ray
Dn't know how, get info from this VOA https://www.oil-club.ru/forum/topic/26456-mobil1-esp-x1-0w-30-svezhee/ Was another formulation or problem in another lab
smile.gif

That usually happens when there is some old oil left over from the previous oil change that had a lot of calcium. Remember an oil change really does not get out all the oil, about 5%-20% remains behind, depending on the engine and how long it was drained.

TBN 2.1 is not bad. I don't agree with the recommendation to decrease interval to 10,000 km. 12,000 km is working. If TBN were less than 1.8, then that is when the oil can longer protect against acid formation.
Your iron wear is about average per kilometer for that particular engine I think.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies

TBN 2.1 is not bad. I don't agree with the recommendation to decrease interval to 10,000 km. 12,000 km is working. If TBN were less than 1.8, then that is when the oil can longer protect against acid formation.
Your iron wear is about average per kilometer for that particular engine I think.

Why push it that close to the edge though? If it were my car I'd stick to 10,000km intervals just to be safe here, it'll probably keep the engine cleaner in the long run. It's easier to remember doing it every 10k vs every 12k too.

I have this exact oil in my stash and it will replace the current fill of FUCHS GT1 PRO FLEX 5W30 in our 2018 Golf R, sometime later next month.

I compared this oil with other Mobil 1 oils using their oil comparison guide. This 0w30 espx1 oil bettered all oils including the annual protection and was equivalent in protection compared with Mobil 1 0w40.

It's not terrible but I wouldn't be happy with that much iron showing up in a sample after 12,000km (7500 miles) on a broken in engine.

12k seems to be the ticket. I doubt this car will last much past 200k in Russia anyway, so trying to decrease the interval to "save the engine / extend its life" won't do any good, long term. It's a waste of money.

Try 15k.

27.gif

Guys, the oil usage interval is 12k km, so this is about 7500 miles.

Gubkin,
I was your neighbour, 400 km to the west from Samara, you know the city there. So I would decrease the oil usage interval to 8000 km in any case. Next time I would recommend to pay a little bit extra and find out what TAN is. Also I have no idea how did they find the exhaust burst (прорыв газа).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back