Battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all the extra electronics that draws more current. If you’re not doing regular driving everyday and longer trips then I would recommend a battery tender and plug it in every night.

It looks like my OE battery in the Gen Coupe is going down for the count. When I turn it on to the accessory position before starting it is dropping below 12v. Use to stay around 12.4v or so. 9 years old last August. I hope I can limp along for another month or until they start using salt around here for snow, then it will then get stored for the winter. Locally there are 124R batteries for $90 to $125.

On my mower I had an Odyssey PC 625 AGM battery. It was installed around 2004. It finally bit the dust. I replaced it with a same size and capacity PowerStar PS 625 AGM battery. Clone to the Odyssey spec wise, different terminal though. Half the price and free shipping that only took one day. It has been slow to start this year.

Originally Posted by odotb
Wife has a 2017 Honda Accord V6. Bought it new 8-15-16 and it has 23,000 miles on it. Yesterday it wouldn't start, so pulled the battery and took it to the dealer. They load tested it,said it was bad and replaced it. Charging at 14.2 so wasn't overcharged. Didn't cost me anything, was 100% covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles. Are batteries today so bad that this happens often? I have had older vehicles that batteries lasted 10 years or more. May have just been a bad one, that happens, but has the quality of things gotten so bad that this is becoming the norm?

Factory batteries are a real gamble IMO. I have had them go 10 years and had them fail at two.

Remember they were supplied by low bidder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back