Mahle Care Metix vs Mann Frecious Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mahle Care Metix and Mann Frecious Plus next generation of cabin filters. these two both include a particulate layer, a charcoal layer for the odor, and now a "biofunctional" layer to stop the mold and allergens.

Mahle's CareMetix filters (part numbers starting in LAO- ) feature blue media, while Mann's FP media is yellow.

Does anyone on here have experience with either? Which one would you go with if both are available for your car? Do you think one will be better than the other?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I use the Mann Frecious Plus cabin filters in both our BMWs. They seem well constructed, better constructed than the OEM-quality versions.

IMO, the carbon part of the filter doesn't significantly eliminate outside odors.

Scott

I have used Frecious and Bosch.

Never buy the Bosch HEPA again. I noticed an immediate difference of not having a charcoal layer, not to mention the air flow restriction it was.

Mann FP retains its airflow compared to its regular counterparts

I have used both, in different vehicles though. FP has more pleats than Caremetics, and is slightly better constructed. Neither will not restrict airflow, but they will let diesel odours through.

Filtration efficiency is hard to compare by nose, both claim to trap PM2.5, but I haven't found any test results. Most likely the particulate layer in both of these filters is electrostatically charged synthetic fleece, which loses it's filtration performance as it ages.

Hard to choose, but maybe I'll go with Mann FP.

Last edited:
i attach specification sheet for Mann Frecious plus filter 2939
i contact Mahle representative for similar specification sheet for Caremetix , he answered that will contact german managers but no answer for half a year....
i only find comparative video of Frecious vs Caremetix on Mahle stand with formaldegyde(check youtube), Caremetix was better.... but for support and open data Frecious is better
Mercedes plan to buy and use Caremetix exclusively but Mahle didn't want to go that way or already start to sell filters worldwide under own name=>MB choose Frecious plus instead and BMW does and VW/Audi does.
I use Caremetix now, still have diesel/euro 0-2 odors, anyway i need more pm2.5 protection first place so hope for Frecious plus 2(already announced) will be produced for my car.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 184
Mann makes the best filters, hands down. Doesn't matter if it's an oil filter or cabin filter, Mann is the best.

update: canalization, diesel, euro 0-2 odors goes through Caremetix after 1.5 month, probably it saved for 2-3 weeks longer then Freciousplus. who knows... let's check Freciousplus2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back